Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 6500 E710, using a Mac Pro with El Capitan, and I cannot print color documents.  All I get are SOME very, very light objects and streaks.  I had just completed cleaning the printheads.  No problem.  ALL cartridges are genuine HP cartridges.  Black documents print just fine.  Your web site doesn't have any printer drivers for my Mac, in spite of what it says.  Your HP Utility does not have any software updates.  I'm speculating that the drivers need updating.  I always update drivers when I get notified.  Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The suggested changes from Chimney_83 and Sizzlingsum_13 should have helped for most situations, unfortunately I appear to have a print head problem.  Thank you both for providing a more likely solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @Kwajmeck

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a print quality issue when printing in color. Happy to help.

Are you able to make a color copy?

When did you last use the printer to print in color?

Are the color cartridges expired?

When was printer purchased? Full-feature driver for MAC ended with MAC OS 10.7 and El Capitan is MAC OS 10.11

Making a copy is independent of the driver or the computer. 

If you are able to make a color copy we can work on the computer. 

If you are unable to make a color copy, recommend you to try the steps in this article

Also, refer HP Officejet 6500 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing, or the Printed Page is Blank or Prints...

For MAC  printer drivers for where full feature software is not available, you can refer to the below article. 

HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Download drivers from Apple website. Click here

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have used Word for decades and more to make color documents.  Additionally, I have pdf documents that are in color, and until recently, have never had a problem printing in color.

I last used the printer to make color copies about a month ago.  

I have no idea whether the cartridges are expired.  I removed all color cartridges, and found no expiration date.  Similarly, I have checked new cartridges, still in their blue wraps, and found nothing that would indicate an expiration date.

I have no idea when I bought the printer.

I am using El Capitan.

I downloaded the the driver updates from the Apple site.  However, the HP installer has been unable to complete the installation.  I has been at the 1 minute mark for over and hour, with no change in status.  If it continues for another 10 minutes, I will force quit the installer.

HP Recommended

Hi@Kwajmeck

Thank you for the update.

I understand that the above steps didn't resolve the issue and it looks like a printer head issue.

I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.

Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The suggested changes from Chimney_83 and Sizzlingsum_13 should have helped for most situations, unfortunately I appear to have a print head problem.  Thank you both for providing a more likely solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.