Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1025mw color
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to download the driver software from here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-CP1020-Color-Printer-series/4052955/mode...

If I allow the Download and Install Assistant to manage the download, it fails. If I select to 'download only', I reach '

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/softlib/software12/COL34891/lj-86479-7/LJCP1020_Full_Solution.exe was not found on this server.'

I presume this is why the Assistant can't install either. Could someone suggest how to get HP to fix this link please? Or does anyone have a reputable alternative download location?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paul_M_UK

Yep - dead link.

Try:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34891/lj-86479-9/LJCP1025_Series_Full_Solution_Ver4.exe

Same Package:

LJCP1025_Series_Full_Solution_Ver4.exe

I will submit a report on the issue; thanks for the "heads up"!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Paul_M_UK

Yep - dead link.

Try:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34891/lj-86479-9/LJCP1025_Series_Full_Solution_Ver4.exe

Same Package:

LJCP1025_Series_Full_Solution_Ver4.exe

I will submit a report on the issue; thanks for the "heads up"!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I've tried both links several times and they keep failing with network errors towards the end of the download. Any ideas?

I'll keep trying though, and hope that HP fix the main link if not.

HP Recommended

@Paul_M_UK wrote:

Thanks for the help. I've tried both links several times and they keep failing with network errors towards the end of the download. Any ideas?

I'll keep trying though, and hope that HP fix the main link if not.

My download was also failing with a network error on Chrome. I was however able to download the file using Internet Download Manager. You may try a different browser or if it doesn't help then try any download accelerator program.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.