Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart all in one b110

I have an hp photosmart all in one b110 and windows 8.  Up until last week it was printing fine and then my computer stopped recognizing the printer " the driver is not installed".  I've uninstalled and reintstalled the driver downloaded from the hp support site, and the test page from the "install setup" window will print, but when I run the hp support doctor, everything comes up as being green/ok but it cannot print a test page and nothing will print, for example word just says "no printer installed".  Even from the control panel, the printer cannot be accessed, it just wants to install a driver.  The scanner works just fine however.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @harukichi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing from your Windows 8 PC to your Photsomart B110a e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected to your PC through a USB cable, remove it.
  2. Close all programs you have open.
  3. In your search bar type in Printers and open Devices and Printers.
  4. Right-click on any icons of your printer listed.
  5. Click on Remove Device.
  6. Repeat for any other icons of your printer listed.
  7. In your search bar type in Services and open Component Services.
  8. Click on Services (Local) on the left.
  9. Right-click on Print Spooler.
  10. Click on Stop.
  11. Open your C:\ drive, then Windows, System 32, Spool, and Printers.
  12. Delete everything in this folder.
  13. Return to the Component Services Window.
  14. Right-click on Print Spooler.
  15. Click on Start.
  16. If you removed your USB cable, connect it. If not, in the Devices and Printers window click on Add Printer to add a print queue.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @harukichi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing from your Windows 8 PC to your Photsomart B110a e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected to your PC through a USB cable, remove it.
  2. Close all programs you have open.
  3. In your search bar type in Printers and open Devices and Printers.
  4. Right-click on any icons of your printer listed.
  5. Click on Remove Device.
  6. Repeat for any other icons of your printer listed.
  7. In your search bar type in Services and open Component Services.
  8. Click on Services (Local) on the left.
  9. Right-click on Print Spooler.
  10. Click on Stop.
  11. Open your C:\ drive, then Windows, System 32, Spool, and Printers.
  12. Delete everything in this folder.
  13. Return to the Component Services Window.
  14. Right-click on Print Spooler.
  15. Click on Start.
  16. If you removed your USB cable, connect it. If not, in the Devices and Printers window click on Add Printer to add a print queue.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.