Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 8600 911n
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Printshop Deluxe 4 cannot print.  Print Ticket provider failed to convert print ticket to DEVMODE, Win 32 error -2147221500attribute content in the option is invalid.   Broderbund Encore says its a printer problem.  Don't have any problems printing with any other software except printshop 3 - which had a huge bug in the first place.  Suggestions please.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Qbee3,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 8.1 computer and you are unable to print from Printshop Deluxe 4 but don't have any problems printing from any other programs, except Printshop 3, and Broderbund says it is a printer problem. I would like to help with that.

It is odd that you can print properly from all other programs but not Printshop Deluxe 4.

To check to see if everything operating properly run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix printer or printing software issues.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Sorry to report that that did not resolve my issue.   Broderbund, of course, says it is a driver error on my printer.    Totally at a loss here. 

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi Qbee3, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

If the HP Print and Scan Doctor found no problems with the printer or the software, then everything should be working.

You could uninstall then reinstall the printer's software and drivers to see if that helps.

Here is a support document that can help with the uninstall, if needed - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

To reinstall the printer's software and drivers, try using the HP Printer Install Wizard. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer drivers for you operating system and help with the install.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Okay - Unistalled printer and re-installed (now dealing with getting the fax to work).  Unistalled software and reinstalled.  This is the error that popped up:

printticket provider failed to convertticket to devmode.win32 error-2147221500 attribute contentin the option is invalid

Completely at a loss.  I will add that I upgraded to windows 10 and found that none of my software worked with it and reverted back to windows 8.1.   I purchased the printshop 4 software because it is compatible with windows 10. 

Beginning to get very very frustrated.

thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi Qbee3,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you are still getting the same error, that Broderbund Encore says its a printer problem, but the fact that it works with everything else indicates its something with the Windows OS, trying to work with Printshop Deluxe 4, hence the Win 32 error. I researched this some more and found that many people are turning towards Broderbund Encore's Online Tech Support for a resolution for that issue. Here is a link to their page - Online Technical Support Request.

As for faxing, Here is a support document that can help make sure that you are able to send and receive faxes - Setting Up the All-in-One to Send and Receive Faxes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The fax issue, really isn't an issue.  It's a let the husband figure it out thing. 

I have contacted broderbund once again - and most likely will move forward to receive a refund on substandard software.  Thank you for all your support!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.