Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6380
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just downloaded all the software for the new Dell notebook and tried to connect wirelessly to printer.  Said it was ready so tried to print.  message was that it wanted me to try again by connecting up the cable which it just told me to unplug.  What?  does this mean I need to download it all again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @Theresa11.

I would suggest runnig the Print and Scan Doctor. If the driver needs to be reinstalled again the PSDR should resolve this issue.

Let me know the results.

Thanks.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Theresa11,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are trying to setup the printer over the wireless network and now you are getting the message " try again by connecting up the cable which it just told you to unplug". I would be happy to help you.

It doesn't sound like the wireless connection was setup properly and you are being prompted to connect the USB to proceed with the network setup. I have provided a document for having issues while setting up the printer over the wireless network to see if it may help: Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows). 

Let me know the results of the Print and Scan Doctor if the issue persists.

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons. Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

thank you Gemini02.  I will have to get back to you tomorrow.  I did plug in the cable that was on my old computer to the printer and computer for now.  I will follow instructions tomorrow, as I am time crunched on this today.  I bookmarked the page.  Blessings

HP Recommended

interesting new wrinkle: tried to solve another problem and come up with: driver not found for Photoshop C6380 printer.  How is that possible when I just downloaded all that software and plugged in and it is working fine? 

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @Theresa11.

I would suggest runnig the Print and Scan Doctor. If the driver needs to be reinstalled again the PSDR should resolve this issue.

Let me know the results.

Thanks.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Except for the status, which seems to be a ploy to get me to buy ink which I don't need right now, all is well.  I finally found the driver I was looking for,  despite the computer that was not part of what the HP seems to support.  Have decided not to connect wirelessly after all at this time.  Thank you for all your kind assistance, above and beyond.

Blessings and keep up the good work.

Take a break, you earned it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.