Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased this printer and I am having problems getting it to print from some sites.  I ran a report and the report states that everything is up and running the way it should be.  I cannot print from the coupons.com site no matter how I configure the printer.  I have downloaded their printer program a few times to be sure I had the latest copy but that still has not cured the problem.  Are there any special tricks to use?  Anything else prints just fine.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Jfreebird,

Thanks for the update.

The reason I asked you to try a different browser is to further isolate the issue. You mentioned in your post that the printer is printing from every other application except the web (Coupon website).

This issue could most likely be caused due to some add-ons or plugins in the browser which prevents the print job. Because if this was a printer issue, the other applications should also face the same issue while printing and not just the browser. I hope you understood my point.

I would hence suggest you first reset the internet properties as explained in my above post and then follow the steps here to reset / refresh the Firefox: http://hp.care/2gpV0m4 

Also, the steps I mentioned in my previous post is the same for Windows 7 OS as well. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jfreebird – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I understand you are facing issues while printing from some websites. Is this issue happening with a specific Internet browser or with a specific page (E.g. Internet explorer and Coupons website)?

I would suggest you try using a different browser to browse and print. Try Google chrome and let me know how that goes. If you are already using “Chrome”, then try resetting the browser.  Try the steps below:

• At the top right, click More (Three horizontal dots) and then Settings.
  • At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  • Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  • In the box that appears, click Reset.

Also, if you are using Internet explorer, try resetting the same. Press the “Windows key” + “R” to get the “Run” window. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press ok to get the internet explorer properties. Go to “Advanced” tab and select “Reset” option to completely reset the internet explorer. Now open the internet explorer and try browsing.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I understand that you would like me to try another browser.  However, I use Firefox/Mozilla and always have.   This browser worked fine with my old printer for coupons.com.  I do not feel it is a browser problem.  Your solution will not work for me.  Also, I have Windows 7 and your solution might not have worked with that version.  Thanks for trying though.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jfreebird,

Thanks for the update.

The reason I asked you to try a different browser is to further isolate the issue. You mentioned in your post that the printer is printing from every other application except the web (Coupon website).

This issue could most likely be caused due to some add-ons or plugins in the browser which prevents the print job. Because if this was a printer issue, the other applications should also face the same issue while printing and not just the browser. I hope you understood my point.

I would hence suggest you first reset the internet properties as explained in my above post and then follow the steps here to reset / refresh the Firefox: http://hp.care/2gpV0m4 

Also, the steps I mentioned in my previous post is the same for Windows 7 OS as well. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

These steps are too complicated for an inept computer user of 66 years old.  I'll just not use the coupon.com site in the future.    To reset Firefox and lose all info on extensions is too difficult to contemplate to find all the info again and put it back in where it belongs.  That's where all the sites are to get rid of the annoying impossible ads that pop up everywhere.

Thanks for trying to help.  Happy Thanksgiving.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jfreebird,

Thanks for the reply. And I completely agree with you on the website pop-up and add-ons that are filled in the websites.

Anyway, nice talking to you sir and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Visit us again if you have any concerns!  Thank you!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.