Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have instant ink turned on. 

But my wifi isnt working for the next week but I still need to print. 

I haev attached my mac via a cable but it is not printing - i have turned off the wifi on the printer but it still doesnt work. 

I urgently need to print and really dont understand why this is so complicated. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @emily123456!

I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with instant ink. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I am afraid you will require a printer with an active internet connection to use instant ink. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.

Please check the instant ink requirements here: http://hp.care/2cA447h

If you require further assistance, I would suggest you contact HP instant ink team. If you are from North America region, please call on 1-855-785-2777 to get the HP cloud team. If you are from any other region, you can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help. Good luck!

Have a good day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@emily123456 wrote:

I have instant ink turned on. 

But my wifi isnt working for the next week but I still need to print. 

I haev attached my mac via a cable but it is not printing - i have turned off the wifi on the printer but it still doesnt work. 

I urgently need to print and really dont understand why this is so complicated. 

If you have a cell phone with a Hot Spot feature, turn that on and connect the printer to the Hot Spot.  Now let Instant Ink transfer it data.  Need to do this about twice a month.

HP Recommended

As i said. 

I have a printer, but I hav no wifi at the moment but still need to print. 

Are you saying this is not possible?

HP Recommended

Sure, connect up with a USB printer cable.

HP Recommended

I did that wiht the cable but it still gives me the ink/ wifi/ connect mesage?

HP Recommended

Looks like you are going to need to connect in order to continue to print.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.