Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8500 wireless
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problem:  whenever I print, I get one copy fairly quickly, but the print manager retains the job and no further printing can take place on another job.  About 20 minutes later, I get a Windows message saying that it could not print out the document, and then the print manager is cleared.  Capture.PNG

I have tried a Cat 5 cable and wireless with no change.  Driver is up to date and I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I don't have a current driver.  What gives??  Seems like this started with the Windows update. but can't be sure.   Driver version is 70.101.308.0 and it was installed in June. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Hi @rb28,

I am very happy for you that it worked. I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂 If the printer is working fine without hassles, then there is no cause for concern,

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you in this regard by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @rb28

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the print jobs are getting stuck in the queue and not printing.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2ir7gU0

(NOTE: Ignore steps which you have already performed)

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply!  I powered down the PC and printer, completing Step 1, then entered the Print and Scan Doctor and got the below (the same printer three times).  I have recycled the router, and still get the same three boxes below, and a message saying it was was unsuccessful.  Basically I am stuck in a loop.    Any thoughts?

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi @rb28,

I reviewed the post. Brilliant troubleshooting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

Please try these steps out.

First, uninstall the printer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02259020

Then remove the related printer drivers by performing these steps.

•  In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Finally, reinstall the full-featured HP printer software from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500-All-in-One-Printer-series---A9...
  • Then check again. 

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That seems to have worked, as i tried on a document and an email and didn't have the lingering print jobs.  Thank you!  There were some error messages during the configuration of the product so I pasted those in below.  Not sure if this is relevant or not since it refers to windows 8 and I am using 10.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi @Hi @rb28,

I am very happy for you that it worked. I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂 If the printer is working fine without hassles, then there is no cause for concern,

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you in this regard by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @rb28,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. We really worked as a team to crack it. It was a tough nut to crack. 🙂 I am astonished by your computer skills and levels of technical expertise. It indeed has been a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. 🙂

Do have a splendid year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.