Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet d5560
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone I have this problem you can install the printer driver with cd hp D5560 with windows 7 I have a hp prodesk pc g3 400 mt
Cattura.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @massimo67,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues installing the printer. I would be happy to help you. 

Thanks for the screen shot but I can't read it. Please translate some of it.

You can try this document to see if it will help: 'Device Setup Failed' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays During USB Installation (Windows).

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @massimo67,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues installing the printer. I would be happy to help you. 

Thanks for the screen shot but I can't read it. Please translate some of it.

You can try this document to see if it will help: 'Device Setup Failed' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays During USB Installation (Windows).

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hi thank you for your reply I tried to follow your instructions but nothing the problem remains equally

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @massimo67.

Let me know what the error message was from the screen shot please.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

the computer does not have usb software support needed to perform the installation of the USB components. Setup can not continue

HP Recommended

Hi @massimo67,

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet and the USB cable is connected directly to the computer. (not a docking station) The USB cable shouldn't be longer then 6 feet.Try another USB port on the computer. You may have to try another USB cable.

Check the connections in the Device Manager for any printer entries, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support, Mass Storage or anything with a yellow exclamation mark or unknown device. Right click and uninstall the device. Let me know if anything was listed. You can provide a screen shot.

If you are still having issues, in the Device Manager, right click on the USB Root Hubs and Update the drivers of each one to see if it may help get the printer recognized.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hi, then I followed your directions throughout the hp assistance has also provided me with a new driver for the USB ports so that is being updated but the problem remains equally the printer is recognized only as a server and not as usb so I can not even use the hp center solutions, however the press and it works this way

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.