Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 color M451nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

LaserJet Pro 400 color M451nw:  Completely out of the blue we recieved the "firmware corrupt ready 2 download" display message. For a printer less than 2 years old purchased directly from HP home, it appears that I have a hunk of metal with no recourse since it's out of warranty per my serial # (purchased on Mar. 10, 2015, even though it says Oct '14 warrenty).  After trolling through blogs, HP support, etc.  I did what was recommended via HP, but it will not erase the old firmware, just sits at that prompt.  Considering I was not updating any firmware, software, etc.  I'm a little upset that according to other incidents, it may not be fixable.  I would accept this if I had messed up somthing while updating, but this is Totally unacceptable since I didn't instigate the update.

I deleted the complete installed drivers and started over...  Nothing

I installed only the PCL 6 drivers( per a HP advise on blog), added that new printer and I was able to get the Downloading=> Erase=>  but then it sits there will nothing. 

Please advise!! 

I'm looking for the updates to be...

9. During the product flash firmware update, the display on the product control panel will display "Erasing - Programming - Complete - Hewlett-Packard - Ready - Initializing - Ready". Once the download is finished the printer will be in the Ready state.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have tried everything and still have no solution to my issue of fw is corrupt error.  I tried calling HP I just get moved to the website for help.  Where can I remove the memory so I can do a hard reset.  This is odd that so many people are having this issue and yet still not resolved.  

HP please provide a better solution than to call and be rerouted to the website. 

Thank you,

HP Recommended

tu as podido solucionar este problema ? o sigues igual que todos 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.