Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Working fine until this morning.  Now, when I try ot print a file, the file is sent, the icon and red number appear (for the jogs waiting) and also the messaget "The printer is in use".  But the printer is not in use and I cannot get rid of this message and get it to print.   

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome @Arune,

I would be more than happy to help you with the printing issue you are describing.

Even though it's a slightly different error, I would try the steps in this document; Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (OS X) - it will help you check the queue, other printers, and refresh the queue. 

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I thought abou thtis for a while before reading yoru message and arrived at a simple solution - I simply unplugged the printer for a few minutes, then plugged it back in.  Problem resolved.

HP Recommended

I tried restarting the printer HP Officejet 5740) and the printer was magically brought back from the dead and resumed

its wireless printing duties from my mac.   Weird how a printer restart will often fix A LOT of problems.

HP Recommended

It's so frustrating, isn't it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.