Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a utility to uninstall all software on my computer related to a Photosmart 7520??  I suffered for a couple years with error messages, cannpt communicate, non-hp cartrideg (although the cartride had been install for 6 months) so I threw that printer AWAY!! (What a joyous day!!).  I uninstalled every program in the Programs list related to an HP printer.  It does not show in the Devices and Printers display now (But my Brothes printer, which works flawlessly does!!) However, everytime I start up my computer I get a message 

hperror.jpg

How do I get rid of that on my computer??  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steve.  This solved the problem.  I was never very happy with the trials that printer put me through and am glad it and all it's relatives are gone.  I had several problems early on with it, and, in general, I just had to live with unending messages about "scan function inactivated", "cartrige not a genuine HP (They always were), or, "Unable to Communicate" when nothing was changed and the only solution was to turn off the printer and power up. Your Business Case proposal might just say HP isn't gaining a lot of future sales of their printer products by not fixing the crummy wireless solution so they should make it easy to get rid of the software.   Anyway, thanks again for you r patience, guidance and support.  

Jim Beal  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jim,

Thanks for using the HP Support Forum.  I'm sorry that the HP Photosmart printer didn't meet your needs.   The easiest way to disable a start-up program in Windows 10 is listed below:

1. Press "Ctr"+"Alt"+"Del" and then select task manager (to load the Windows task manager)

2. From Task Manager, click on the Startup tab (located at the top should be the 4th tab)

3. Sort by Publisher and look for HP, Hewlett-Packard, etc.

4. I expect that you will see at least 1 entry from HP.

5. Right-click on the programs that you don't want to start-up and select "Disable" (to stop this program from starting up when the computer is powered-on)

Offhand, I'm not sure exactly which HP module is causing the error message (it may be called HP Digital Imaging Monitor).  However, I believe that following these steps should help to isolate which HP module is causing the error and disabling it will solve the issue.  Please note that you can also reverse this by selecting Enable (instead of Disable) for modules that you want to start-up when the computer powers on.  I hope this helps to solve the RunDLL error on Windows startup.

Best regards,

Steve

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this helped to solve the Question or Problem. Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Steve- Thanks for your suggestion.  I had reviewed the Start up and noted 2 items HP-related, but have no idea what they do.  This is an HP Computer and I could just imagine disabling some critical task that would not let me restart the computer.  I set the 2 items to disable as shown below, but didn't do a Restart.  Frankly, names like hpsysdrv scare me.  What do you think? hperr2.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello Jim,

You're very welcome!  I'm familiar with the start-up application named hpwuSchd Appliaction; it is related to an HP Printer Software Update application and  can be left safely Disabled.  The application hpsysdrv is software that ships with HP computers (it keeps tracks of Windows System Recoveries, etc.) and I recommend this application is left Enabled.

Regards,

Steve

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this helped to solve the Question or Problem. Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Steve-  I gave this a try, disabling first hpwusched with a restart (error still there), and then hpsysdrv with a restart (error still there) and then both disabled.  Error still appears on restart.   I reviewed installed programs and tried to uninstall a couple of them that looked like I didn't need them.  I received an error that Bill Gates (!!) was protecting me from myself and I could not uninstall those programs (Netflick and Product detection), so I gave up on that.  It seems there should be a utility to completely uninstall software related to that printer.  I even tried reinstalling the printer software telling it I would connect the printer later.  That installed 4 programs, which I uninstalled.  Restarted and still have that error.  Do you have any more ideas?  I do appreciate the opportunity to pick yur brain.

Jim Bealhperror3.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello Jim,

This issue appears to have been solved by other user by deleting a short-cut from the Windows Start Menu.  Below is a link to the other thread.  

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/HPStatusBL-dll-module-could-not-be-found/m-...

Based on what I've read, it appears that the HP Printer uninstaller is not removing a shortcut file which is causing this error.  I too wish there was a stand-alone uninstaller for cases like this...(FYI: I using this issue using this issue to help build a business case to create a stand-alone uninstaller).

Please note that the file location may be slightly different due to the above solution being written for Windows 8 (and your PC has Windows 10).  For Windows 10, the short-cut file that needs to be deleted should be located:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

or

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

If you go to these folders and are unable to see the file that needs to be deleted (Monitor Ink Alerts - HP xxxxx), check to ensure that hidden files are enabled (steps covered in link below)

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/show-hidden-files-windows-10/

I hope this information helps to solve this issue.  Again, sorry that this startup error has been so problematic.

Best regards,

Steve

HP Recommended

Thanks, Steve.  This solved the problem.  I was never very happy with the trials that printer put me through and am glad it and all it's relatives are gone.  I had several problems early on with it, and, in general, I just had to live with unending messages about "scan function inactivated", "cartrige not a genuine HP (They always were), or, "Unable to Communicate" when nothing was changed and the only solution was to turn off the printer and power up. Your Business Case proposal might just say HP isn't gaining a lot of future sales of their printer products by not fixing the crummy wireless solution so they should make it easy to get rid of the software.   Anyway, thanks again for you r patience, guidance and support.  

Jim Beal  

HP Recommended

Been getting that same error on startup ... followed your suggested link and removed the shortcut to check printer ink status.  The registry and directory are still peppered with references to the Photosmart 7520 (since replaced with OJ Pro 6975).  Not a very tidy uninstall.  THANKS!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.