Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I get this error message-  "The application failed due to missing software library. You may need to reinstall the application again.  HPSU -0004

What is it and how do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This error means that your HP Update program is hosed.

FIrst download the HP Update (sp34261.exe) program from the HP site (Google it fo find location).

Then go to Add/rremove programs and remove HP Update program.  You may get errors since we know that the program is hosed.

Then run the HP Update (sp34261.exe). 

You should be fixed now.

Doug

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thank you. They didn't have a solution on how to fix it but at least I know what it is.

HP Recommended

How can I install HPSU-0004, after dumping recyle bin????

HP Recommended

need to find out where I get this application so I can download it again, guess

I deleted some how

HP Recommended

cant fix it please help

HP Recommended

This doesn't work for me since I followed the instructions up until I was ready to cancel and did a search of my entire hard drive for "hpupdate" and it was not found on any of my hard drives.  I was using the F300 series install disk.

HP Recommended

Error message pops up saying I don't have the correct HPSAU-oo4

HP Recommended

how do i repair it?

HP Recommended

This error means that your HP Update program is hosed.

FIrst download the HP Update (sp34261.exe) program from the HP site (Google it fo find location).

Then go to Add/rremove programs and remove HP Update program.  You may get errors since we know that the program is hosed.

Then run the HP Update (sp34261.exe). 

You should be fixed now.

Doug

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.