Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 6500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I upgraded to windows 10.   could not scan and could not connect with my device.  I tried several things and relalized that originally I had to connect with a wire when i started the first installation.  I do not have a usb port on this printer.   I can direct wire to my computer.   I think along the way I deleted the printer as a device and need to start from scratch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not sure how I did it, but i just reconnected everything and started with an installation from scratch.   There was an issue with the router ID.   I have a repeater and they have different IP addresses.  That was clearly identified in the process and I was able to pick the correct router.  What I did see is that the installation was not a "windows 10" version of HP software but a Windows 8 version.   Appears 10 and HP are not compatible

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not sure how I did it, but i just reconnected everything and started with an installation from scratch.   There was an issue with the router ID.   I have a repeater and they have different IP addresses.  That was clearly identified in the process and I was able to pick the correct router.  What I did see is that the installation was not a "windows 10" version of HP software but a Windows 8 version.   Appears 10 and HP are not compatible

HP Recommended

Hey there @uepii

Thanks for posting on the HP Facebook page!

I see you can not installl the printer software on Windows 10. I would like to try and help!  What is the model number of the printer you are working with? You may need to use an alternate driver if the printer does not have full feature software for Windows 10.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.