Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Fixed. See : Microsoft Drivers for HP printers

To be honest I am shocked that HP seem to know so little about their computing harware and Windows 10. HP drivers downloads are not necessary.

And just about every piece of diagnostic software that came with my Probook has not worked in one way or another. So I have unistalled most of it.

And now it is clear that HP know nothing about integrating their printers with Windows 10. See the above link how to install your HP Officejet 8000 A809 Wireless printer. It took me about a minute and none of the HP driver software had to be downloaded. It's all built into Windows 10.

16 12 13 HP Officejet installed properly.JPG

HP Recommended

HI @stephen_ford

Thanks for your feedback.

The In-OS drivers are provided by HP.

However, there are some features e.g. Scan to Computer that the HP drivers offers.  Also, there are utilities within the HP software that enables printhead cleaning etc.

Glad that your issue is resolved.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you for that. I wondered about the additional features because I noticed that the MS drivers are not complete - even for the Driver-Only software. However, I would expect all this to be part of the installation notes. HP have fallen well short of my expectations in this respect.

I like HP printers and my Probook is very good in many respects, but oh goodness me, the lack of detailed info as per this incident is just lamentable...

I even suspect that now Windows has been able to install its  own drivers (as you say, supplied by HP) which has eliminated the "Driver not found" error, I could probably install the HP driver-only download and create a second device for the same printer, but with the additional functionality that you mention. And hopefully not reveal any further errors.

But honestly I should not have to be inching along a blind alley like this discovering all the minutiae bit by bit. HP need to supply this information as in a set of Installation Notes.

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.