Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP has several different models that eventually develope the won't print black issue. My printer is the 4620 series and has the same issue. I did everything mentioned in all the forum replies a number of times with no positive results. I ended up scrapping the printer and buying a different one. If you search online you can try and find a manufacturer that makes a reliable printer. Spending a little more on a printer may be a consideration, some of the cheap ones are just throw aways or ink hogs.

HP Recommended

just click on the blue reset instructions (link) in Bob Headricks post (above).

HP Recommended
I've tried everything suggested, is there really nothing left to do but toss out an otherwise perfectly good printer?
HP Recommended

@KatieLaur wrote:
I've tried everything suggested, is there really nothing left to do but toss out an otherwise perfectly good printer?

Unless you want to continue trying to fix this, then yes, printer replacement appears to be your only option.  It's what I did, but not HP.

HP Recommended

I cleaned out the vent area on the black cartridge of my officejet 7000 and all is fine. I find it interesting that I found this answer by googling 'hp deskjet 7000 printer cartridge' and not directly at the HP website or HP support. I was about to trash the printer along with 85.00 dollars worth of ink.  I love the printer except for this one bad experience.

HP Recommended

I have corected my printer and it now prints in black ink. I got a kit on Ebayfrom a seller magicbrand which is a EPSON cleaning kit called MAGIC INKJET FLUSH. IT WORKS but you need to go slow for it to work.Remove your cartridges Place a absorb pad under the ink jet you are cleaning.HEAT THE FLUID IN MICRAWAVE VERY WARM,inject a very small amout like 3 ml into print head let set at least 8 hrs repeat this at least 6 or 7 times untill you see a big lot of black ink on the pad .repeat at least 2 times to insure you are clean.INSTALL CARTRIDGES and run your normal HP runs on your priter till it looks good EASY solution This printer came out of a garbage can and is now working great

HP Recommended

Read past posts to this issue. Try cleaning out the vent on the cartidge itself. Worked like a charm. Good Luck...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip on checking the cartridge vent!  It solved the problem for my HP7520 Photosmart All-in-one:  Brand new Cyan cartridge wasn't putting out ink but there were no error codes showing. 

Spent a lot of Ink (ie $$$) running test pages, cleaning cartridges, and sitting on the internet.  I did notice that the blue print head screen wasn't colored.   After reading your post, I found the Cyan cartridge vent to be covered with some rather thick plastic and scraped it off.   It makes sense that the top of the cartridge needs a little ventalization.  Thanks - I'm grateful for your post.  - Peter

Since you work for HP, could you pass this on to the printer division:

- improve packaging QC

- include a "vent check" in the manuals, ink packaging, and trouble shooting guide for all effected printers - no amount of cleaning would have solved the problem.

HP Recommended

@pmcaya 

Just FYI, the tip for checking the cartridge vent is included in the documentation for the PS 7520

1. Figure 9: Vent area on the top of the cartridge
    Image: Vent area on the top of the cartridge
  2. If the cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.
    Figure 10: Orange pull tab
    Image: Orange pull tab.
  3. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.
    Figure 11: Clean the clogged vent with a pin
    Image: Clean the clogged vent with a pin.
    1 - Clogged vent
    2 - With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent
    3 - Unclogged vent

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.