Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

My company invested in an HP CP2025 printer a couple of weeks ago that is being used on the network by eight or nine people.

However there is a problem where after printing multiple pages, usually every 3 pages, the printer goes into cleaning mode for a while and then comes up with a misprint error. At this point you hav to press OK on the printer to continue the process. And then this repeats.

Also the printer decides to print some pages twice but not all of them and there seems to be no pattern in which one's it repeats.

Any help will be appreciated as I can't work this out.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We just got a new CP2025 delivered to us last night to our church.  I'm the local admin tech for the church, so it was my task to install the printer drivers along with hooking up the printer.

When we(Pastor and I) installed the drivers along with the printer and printed a test page, we got these small dots along one side of the paper.  Thinking it's just some settled toner, I took each individual toner cartridge out, shook it, and replaced it.   Still got the dots.

So, we looked on the documentation that came along with the printer setup.  Nada about what to do.  Says "For Troubleshooting, call HP Support."  So i call.  the hours are from 8 to 8 Eastern, so they're closed.

My Pastor calls HP Support today - the tech tells him that "The toner cartridges in a printer that has been sitting in the warehouse will settle.  You have to clean and calibrate the printer to remove that."  So, he did, and the dots disappear.

Question is - why isn't that one of the setup steps in the paper documentation that comes with the printer?  We had cleaned the printer last night, and in calibrating it, it's not very clear on how to do so.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

Paharan, hello, have you resolved your misprint problem with the HP CP2025 printer?  My company just purchased two of these and we are having the same issue.  We have them network attached and we run Windows Server 2003 with Windows XP workstations.  They print great, but about every third page will misprint.  The page will print badly, the printer will display "Cleaning" and then "Misprint".  After the okay button is pressed the printer will reprint one or more pages.  This will continue until the document is finally printed correctly.  The misprinted pages usually do contain a mis print.  Typically, the header at the top of the page, if there is one is printed right over the edge of the paper.  Perhaps we need to add memory when using them as network printers?

HP....   H E L P ! ! !

Mike-L

HP Recommended

An update: just updated the firmware on one of our CP2025dn printers, to 20081216 but this does not/not seem to have corrected the issue.

Mike-L

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem!!! Have you guys figured out what was up?

HP Recommended

We too are having this issue. It has only just started to happen and it looks like we have always had the 20081218 firmware installed.

Nothing has changed in the setup of the printer and we print from Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Currently the problem is only happening on the Macs, though we haven't tried on the others, not wanting to print needlessly when the printer is already wasting paper and time.

Does anyone from HP read these forums or shall I just contact them directly anyway?

Has anyone had any luck in fixing the problem?

Cheers.

HP Recommended
Printer worked great for a couple of weeks, then get "cleaning" message followed by "misprint" - happening consistently every 1 to 3 page - wasting a great deal of paper, not to mention very time-consuming to keep hitting "ok" and counting how many of which sheets I have, etc.  Happens on single and multiple-page print jobs as well as duplex.  Need help ASAP - am about to pack up and return to store.  Any help anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.  🙂
HP Recommended
Have exact same problem.  Someone, please help!
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are having the exact same problem too, have turned off both calibration setting timings in the printers control panel and turned auto continue on but makes no difference. Latest BIOS and drivers for it. Users report it has been this way since new (although not sure if they mean it started the day they got it or shortly after getting it) as its roughly 6 months old.

Has anyone posted here called HP about it? I dont want to bother with a long call to HP and 101 inane questions about it if its a known fault...

Thanks

Rich 

HP Recommended

I had exactly this problem and I called HP.  Eventually they changed the entire printer under warranty.  The replacement did do the same thing very occasionally, but I accepted it as a fix.  However, it's become very much worse now so I'm going to have to call again before the warranty runs out.  The original printer did not do this from new, but started doing it shortly after (3-6 months from new).    

Rob.

HP Recommended
if anyone reads this thread with same issue I can confirm it is a faulty printer - I sent it back to HP, the note with the one that came back said it wasnt repairable? and they sent a refurb one as a replacement (after it first going all over France courtesy of the courrier seemingly sending it to the wrong places)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.