Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@webvan wrote:

@bogdan_geo2002 wrote:

Yes. Open the top cover for carriage to ''park'' in center of guiding rail.Unplug power cord from your printer. Remove cartridges. Remove top cover screws and side arm of the scanner door , remove two springs that holds the printing head and lift the print head from carriage.Disconnect both wires by pulling them and the printer head is out.

Interesting, has anyone tried this? I might as well try since only the "glossy" setting allows me to use black ink now (which doesn't seem to indicate it's a clogged head problem but...) but I'm not sure I have the proper screwhead to remove these odd looking screws.

The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo media.  When glossy media is selected the printer will mix color inks to print black.  While it may appear that black is working in this case it is not....

Before risking damage to the printer by removing the non-removable printhead I would suggest trying the procedure in the video in the post here. Also be sure to go through the troubleshooting steps in the document here, especially check the vents as shown in solution three.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

1. Printer head is removable. I just wrtote above how to remove it. No risk if you do it carefully.

2.After cleaning printhead printer is printing black ink on normal paper with normal settings (no glossy setting).

3. I've tried this troubleshootings and they're not aplicable to this problem.

4.It is the only solution that worked for me.

HP Recommended

@bogdan_geo2002 wrote:

1. Printer head is removable. I just wrtote above how to remove it. No risk if you do it carefully.

2.After cleaning printhead printer is printing black ink on normal paper with normal settings (no glossy setting).

3. I've tried this troubleshootings and they're not aplicable to this problem.

4.It is the only solution that worked for me.

1. The printhead in the Deskjet 3070a is not designed to be user removable.  Removing the printhead risks damage to the flex cable, the printhead or the carriage strip.
  2. I am glad this worked for you, but I have seen too many folks damage their printers by removing non-removable printheads.
  3. The troubleshooting steps may not resolve all the issues, but they are applicable and should be the first thing tried.  If this does not resolve the issue I would suggest the steps in the video in this post.
  4. See 2 above.

For those with the "black not printing" issue with the Deskjet 3070a I would suggest removing the printhead as a last resort, and only undertaken with the understanding that the result may be a totally unusable printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Have exactly same problem. Though there is no need to remove printer head. Just simply remove black cartridge and use rubber tube seated firmly to cover the black ink filter intake. Then force solvent though the jets.
Easy to clean, but unfortunately this wasn't the problem and still refuses to print black. I suspect an electrical fault.
I just bought a full set of cartridge's for this printer, so not very happy. They are worth more than the cost of the printer. So in the bin it goes. Looking at canon or brother for replacement after reading this thread.
HP Recommended

HI

I have exactly the same problem with deskjet 3520 all in one.

Suddenly stop printing the black ink.

The deskjet is only about 2 years old, and I just bued new cartridges for 600 Dkr. 

Spoiler
:HalfEyes:

What to do now?
I have done all what I read here, without succes:smileymad:
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.