Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I really hope HP will do the necessary to prevent this kind of issue in the future. They could make the print heads removable so we can just order spare parts... It would be a great improvement. A printer should have removable print head, that seems quite obvious to me. How come they haven’t thought about it ? Maybe they should hire more printer experts.

Oh, and please could you use more common screw drives ? Torx screwdrivers are hard to find.

HP Recommended

Looks like I've just joined the "Disappointed" club.

My 3070A showed that a new black cartridge was required so I installed one on Friday last week. Since then, it won't print black & white. Thinking it was a faulty black, I installed another and same thing. Followed all the usual trouble shooting ideas and still nothing. This led me here, only to find it's a common fault. Printer is 2.25years old unfortunately, so sounds like it's now ready for the scrap heap. Yes, changing the paper quality to glossy does get a print, but it's only the colours combining, and not actually black.

Looks like I've wasted 2 lots of money on black cartridges plus now my colour cartridges will literally disappear as I use them to print normal documents. Not to mention the time I've wasted so far.

Has anyone had any joy  from HP yet or are all these printers now doomed?

HP Recommended

Remember they offered to send you "prepaid ink cartridge recycle bags" in the printer manual ?

How angry it feels today when you think of this huge plastic waste that's going straight to the dump...

HP Recommended

@28BLS wrote:

Has anyone had any joy  from HP yet or are all these printers now doomed?

As someone stated above, around 2 weeks passed since HP help got in touch with me and no response (probably due to fact that my printer is out of warranty). 

So the only solution for you ( and all of us) recommended by HP team would probably be:

- Please go to the store and order new HP printer (and remember folks that the printers nowadays stops working after warranty :P)

Honestly this is my last post here and Im done with HP. Unless they will do something from their side that would aid the problem at hand Im not planning to bother with this company anymore. Dissapointed.

HP Recommended

I wrote here on this very same discussion almost 2 years ago (06-01-2013). Well, I didn't have time to wait 2 or 3 or 4 years to get this issue really solved out. So I was very, very, VERY stupid and bought another HP printer 1,5 years ago. I bougth HP 3520e and quess what!!! It doesn't print black anymore. Wasted again 2 XL black cartriges, and nothing comes out.

The printer had a 1 year warranty, but I noticed that it is possible to get a 2 years extended warranty in a case like this. Well, now I know not to waste my money, time or anything else anymore on HP.

It's over and out.

HP Recommended

mine was fixed by removing printing head and cleaning like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_W4VKGyRU

i used window cleaner and a siringe and my printer was printing black  again in no time.

HP Recommended

@MaijasenKake wrote:

[snip] . I bougth HP 3520e and quess what!!! It doesn't print black anymore. Wasted again 2 XL black cartriges, and nothing comes out. [snip]

The post here has links to a troubleshooting document for the Deskjet 3520e.  If the steps there do not resolve the issue please call HP Support, even if the printer is not longer under warranty.  In the US or Canada call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the document here for contact information.  If the above does not give satisfactory results then please post back here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@Inshi,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@kevin-t wrote:

@Inshi,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Kevin-t,

Someone else did it about month ago, someone from support contacted me by PM and requested list of information sent to the listed email adress. And guess what... not a sign from them for about a month already. Im guessing its due to the fact that my printer is past warranty, but still, Im really disappointed how HP started to handle things in recent years. Planned obesolence, taking actuall years (!) for help topic on official forums to be noticed, so now judgeing by HP speed of peace it will take centuries to get some simple answers (like: "sorry mate, your printer is past warranty, tough luck") or even millenium to try to fix it.

I would understand that my printing heads became clodded by not using printer for a long time. But I was printing documents one day, ink depleted, two days later I mounted new original ink and its not printing anymore. Thats clearly something that didnt happen on it own.

Now imagine if this wansnt home printer but office one, where you print things daily. Month of waiting for any reaction, good job...

And looks like the newer models than mine tend to have the same issue. 

HP Recommended

Hehe Inshi, glad to see I'm not the only one.

I got the exact same message over a month ago, sent the info and got 0 reply from HP.

I'm guessing they are just posting those message so people who fly by get the impression there is actualy a HP support.

Either way I've bought 2 other printer for work in the last 2 weeks and made sure not to pick HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.