Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Mick 4 !!!

I am not comouter savey but it took me several hours today and I got the printer working. I asked HP to help me apply the patch . All they said was that the printer was not compatible with Windows 7 and they can offer me good price for another printer.

I understand that you have copied and replaced the three.dll files.

Go to control panel, printers , click on  Add a new printer, Add local printer . You need to find your printer from the HP list, and let windows instal the driver.make it your default printer.

Skip the part where it says to Print a test page. Clik on finish and you should be done.

Hope this helps you.

HP Recommended

Hey sabasarda ,

Thanks for your reply.  The trouble is I only was able to unzip the 3 dll files but don't know how to replace the bad dll files. Mick 4

HP Recommended

@Mick4 wrote: The trouble is I only was able to unzip the 3 dll files but don't know how to replace the bad dll files. Mick 4

If you are using Windows 7 do the following: Log in as a user with administrater properties.  [The following assumes you are using IE as the browser] Click on the link here and select "save".   When the download completes select "Open folder", then right click on the DJ_patch.zip file and select Extract All.   If Extract All is not an option then click on "Open with" and select  Windows Explorer.

w7 extract.png

Leave the default directory and check the "Show extracted files when complete" box, Extract.   Click Start, Computer and type %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3.  Arrange the windows so you can access both window panes.  Go to the first pane and select the three dll files, hpvdb720.dll, hpvdb820.dll and hpwm5db1.dll.  Now drag and drop them to the %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3 window, select copy and answer "replace" to the dialog box. 

Note:  %windir% is a system variable that points to the Windows directory.  For most systems this will be C:\Windows, but it may vary depending on the hardware configuration ond setup of the computer.  If you type %windir% in the address bar in explorer or in Start, Search Programs and Files it will find the proper directory.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks it works

Im from Manila, Philippines Using Windows 7 64bit

HP Recommended

Just want to say thanks. Patch worked well for HP710C.

Is there also any tip for installing HP scanner 3400C using Win 7 64 bit?

HP Recommended

Worked like a champ!  Thanks so much for this.  I now can print from 64 bit windows 7 to my network connected HP722c.:smileytongue:

HP Recommended

c3d2a1 wrote:

Just want to say thanks. Patch worked well for HP710C.

Is there also any tip for installing HP scanner 3400C using Win 7 64 bit?

This page lists the 3400c as one that does not have drivers planned for Windows 7.  Depending on your OS version and hardware you may be able to use XP mode to install the proper drivers.

Please direct followup questions to the Scanners forum here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hi

I instelled patch,(replaced all 3 files) but it dosn't work via usb connectonn with hp 710c

(probably becouse 710c needs" two way" cable and not support any "normal" usb -printer cables)

is there an way to to use hp 710C via usb cable ?-because i got laptop(hasn't got -LPT1 connector)

-any special cable?

-any another sollution?

regard

jackabc

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thanks for the help with replacing the dll files.  The printer works great.  Your guidance is much appreciated on this board.  Mick4

HP Recommended

The DJ_Patch for Deskjet 710/720/810/820/100 Series printers does not work for my Deskjet 5550.  Does anyone have one that does work for 64bit Windows7?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.