Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

markmd wrote:

The DJ_Patch for Deskjet 710/720/810/820/100 Series printers does not work for my Deskjet 5550.  Does anyone have one that does work for 64bit Windows7?

What problem are you having with the DJ 5550? Have you tried installing the driver as described here?  I would suggest posting your question as a new thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

jackabc1980 wrote:

I instelled patch,(replaced all 3 files) but it dosn't work via usb connectonn with hp 710c

(probably becouse 710c needs" two way" cable and not support any "normal" usb -printer cables)

is there an way to to use hp 710C via usb cable ?-because i got laptop(hasn't got -LPT1 connector)

Some users in this thread indicate they have been sucessful with Belkin and Sweex adapters. What port are you selecting? 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Yes, I've gone through that routine twice without success.  When I go to "Troubleshoot", the message is find a friend who's an expert or go to Customer support online which gave be the same advice as you.  Help!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the patch, so now i can priont when i'm for instance using word, i see the printer in the list of available printers.

But when i go to the devices, i don't see the 720C i have installed. So now i can't delete it when i need to or change it's name. Is there any patch or workaround to delete/edit prionters not visible in the devices window?

Oh, and am i the only one who has this problem?

D A M N!
HP Recommended
for some reason i cant open the dj_patch. all i get is invalid archive. i checked all my settings and it looks fine, gary
HP Recommended

dix1a wrote:
for some reason i cant open the dj_patch. all i get is invalid archive. i checked all my settings and it looks fine, gary

I just checked the files and they seem to be fine from here.  What program are you trying to open the .zip files with?  Can you open other .zip files?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

You Sir................are a welcome reliefe.  I spend 2 hours on tech support at HP and never once did I get any answer that might resolve this issue.  Nice to see competant people sharing meaningful information.

HP Recommended

i am using winzip 14. it shows it as a zipped file but i keep getting the same error on all computers

HP Recommended

yes all other zipped files open. seems odd

HP Recommended

dix1a wrote:  yes all other zipped files open. seems odd

OK, I re-zipped these as "stored" rather than compressed.  Try the version posted in this response.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.