Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am following this post as I am having the same problem that I am trying to install LaserJet 1300 on my Window XP computer.  I see the post indicates IEEE 1284.4 printer support is included in Windows 7.  Does that mean I installed wrong printer driver?  From the device driver page, I only see driver for XP 64 bits, Windows 7 and Windows 8 and I selected Windows 7 32bits (because I have Windows XP 32 bits system).  or if there is IEEE 1284.4 printer support driver for Windows XP can download?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

my printer cant work because this fiel has been miss

HP Recommended

Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support

HP Recommended

hola

HP Recommended

Hi! 

I did encounter such problems with HP Laserjet 1010 particularly because the drivers for this particular HP product isn't quite available nowadays. However i browsed this site's HP Laserjet -Driver and software support for Windows 7

Link: 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

which gave a table of all available printer models and status of availablity of drivers and possible solutions with regards to the installation of your particular printer. HP Laserjet 1010 driver and support is unavailable here though but what I did was to use/download a laserjet driver similar to Laserjet 1010 that is available. Case in point, I downloaded the Laserjet 1020 basic/host-based driver and manually added (installed) the printer as instructed by the footnote

"The Basic driver is a PCL 6 Print driver or PCL 6 Print and Scan driver. In some cases, this does not include an installer (driver only). If after you download and double-click the file an installer does not automatically launch, install the print driver using the Add Printer Wizard."

After doing so,  I was able to install my HP Laserjet 1010 printer quite alright.

hope this helps!

:Wink:

HP Recommended

And don't forget to keep a copy of these drivers that worked because sooner or later these will likely go unavailable as well.. hehehehe! 

:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

By the way, here is the link for the HP Laserjet 1010/1012/1015 host based drivers that I used in the installation of my Laserjet 1010:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?javax.portlet.begCacheTo... 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

You will most likely need to use the Vista driver for this printer as HP Doesn't provide Windows 7 drivers. It will work but may cause other issues with your system. You can also try compatilbity mode on the driver, run it it Vista x86 mode.

HP Recommended

Plug HP LaserJer 1010 into USB port

Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners
Add a printer or scanner >The printer that I want isn’t listed
Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
Choose a printer port > DOT4_001 (HP Print Device)
Install the printer driver >
Next

Pick HP from manufacturer

Select HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5

Next

Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended)
Type a printer name: HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5=HP1010
At printer, turn off power, turn on power, Print a test page.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.