Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried the hot water method of cleaning and also replaced the printhead and nothing has worked.  All I am doing at this point is using up my colored ink on testing.  Any other suggestions, or is this machine done? 

HP Recommended

This hint was a really good one -> thnx, now it works!

HP Recommended

Paper jam yesterday.  Afer i removed the paper, printer stopped printing black.  The other colors printed fine.  changed the black cartridge.  That didn't work.  Removed all cartridges and cleaned the tray properly.  That didn't work.  What next?

Curt Crysler

{Removed for privacy}

HP Recommended

I tried all the possible solutions, including soaking the heads to clean them of old ink.  We still can't print in black.  The alignment still fails.  I couldn't find the little arrrow referred to in one of the suggestions.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and posted what may be a new thread.  My Office Jet 6500 has stopped printing black ink entirely - not on pages printed from the computer nor on copies. 

I have tried soaking the printhead several times until the water runs clear.  I replaced the printhead and cleaned the printhead with the machine three times.  Still no black ink printing.

I noticed a lot of black ink in the area to the far right inside the printer as you are facing it.  I used a tissue and a soft cloth to clean most of this away.  I am wondering if this means the black cartridge is leaking somehow, because I noticed that the indicator for the brand new cartridge I put in is now saying it is no longer full, even though no black ink has printed on a page.  What would cause this, and can it be fixed?

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It worked beautifully.  There was a lot of black ink gunked up on the under side of the printhead.  The 5 minute soak and gently cleaning with a moist q-tip cleaned it up nicely.  I'm back in business again.

HP Recommended

Quit sending me these messages

I do not find an accepth this answer button to hit to ge me out of the loop.

bikralph

HP Recommended

Woohoo!  It worked!  I was a bit worried about soaking the printhead into hot water and did that as a last resort since nothing else worked.  And it worked after I soaked it in for 5 minutes, dried everything, and made sure that everything around is clean and ink free before I put it back in.  If your printer gives you an error, just take everything out, and put it back in.  Then turn the printer off, unplug it, and replug it back in after 30 seconds.  Try cleaning the cartriges several times and aligning and you should be good to go.  Thanks Bob, you're the BEST!

HP Recommended

I just wanted to post in here I tried the soak trick (and also ran hot water directly through it for a minute) and it works now.  My printer isn't used often, and the black ink wouldn't print after replacing the cartridges.  It is now working great!  Wish I would have searched for this first instead of wasting time, ink and paper trying to figure it out on my own!

For reference, I have the C309g.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I have a photosmart b209a.  The black ink stopped working so I replaced the cartridge with a brand new one.  It will not print in black. I have cleaned the printheads and the print carriage.  Any other suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.