Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sounds like the problem I had.  My print head was clogged at the "photo black" nozzle.  Could not clear this out with very hot water flushes and even a little pressure applied with a mall pump.  The head flushed but could not get photo black to print continuously.  Documents with regular black were OK.  Tests prints were inconsistent, and photos from 4 x 6 tray or larger sizes from main tray were all missing some or all of "photo black".  After spending too much time and reading tons of online ideas solutions and suggestions I bouht a new print head.  Photos work fine now.  I put a reminder on my calendar to flush the new print head after 6 months.  The old one clogged after 1 year and 3 months.  No where in HP documnetattion is there a discussion of print head maintenance.  It ony became apparent to me after searching this forum for a solution to my problem.  Good luck!

I run a c310a, XP and wifi connection.  Uses 564xl cartidges.

HP Recommended
Thank you VERY much. Where'd u get your new printer head? (I assume it was new) How did u flush the head? Does it damage the electrical to get the copper / electrical things wet? U just dip the nozzles in hot water for 5 min, right?
HP Recommended
O yes, also, what brand photo paper are u using? I wonder if that matters much. Also, I've been refilling my cartridges with no real problem (except in HP's mind). Do u refill yours as well? Where (province / state) do u live? Thanks again.
HP Recommended

Careful handling while soaking and flushing, and then drying will not damage contacts.  I suggest you find videos and other documentation online through Google search that will show all the various processes.  I did.  Way back in this thread of conversation there are instructions posted by Bob Hedrick (?) an HP printer expert that will be useful.  Look for it.

New print head was purchased on Amazon.  Make sure it the one for the printer you have.  Some heads are for 4 cartridges and some are for 5.

I use various photo papers and set the paper at "Other Photo Papers" and "Best" for Quality to get color that matches my monitor.  HP will tell you not to leave paper in the 4x6 tray to long as it tends to curl a little. That is good advice. When I print other sizes I use full 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and cut them to what I need.   I have used refilled cartidges before but favor HP as the risk of leaking is less, (I think).  I had a refil dump a load of ink once and that stopped my using refills.

Hope this is helpful.

HP Recommended
It DOES help & I think u r worthy of a Kudos.

Thanks again.
HP Recommended
So what about my Photosmart 6510 all in one? seems there's no grey lever or whatever means to lift the printhead off it's place... having the same problem of 2 new HP black ink cartridges not printing a single point... any kitchen solution to this please?!
HP Recommended
Not sure...I'd get ahold of HP
HP Recommended

I followed your directions, used hot but not boiling water, 5 minutes only, then rinsed it because I could still see ink there.  Dried it gently, but was not sure what the nozzle area was - so was afraid to touch the darn thing - used a blow dryer on lowest setting to help dry.

Put back in, told me it was not installed, took out, reistalled, but it fails in attempts to align, and I did run the cleaning more than three times, including the step 2 cleaning.  Still cannot align.

So, I have been searching for a new printhead to replace. Confusion reigns on what exactly the part number is. The one I got in a chat when I go to the HP Parts website has NO picture, and NO list of compatible printers, so I am (understandibly, I think) leery.

This website has a different part number:

http://www.worldclassink.com/HP-OfficeJet-6500-E709a-supplies-printer26071.html

And the page they have with the part number given me by the HP parts chat goes here, which does not include my printer model in the list:

http://www.worldclassink.com/HP-CN643A-HP-564-564XL-4-Slot-Printhead-Printhead-item75929.html

My printer is an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n.

If I am going to spend $75, I want to be sure I am getting the correct part.

Suggestions, advice, anything at this point, is welcome!!

HP Recommended

Thanks alot (everybody), but I ended up getting a HP Photosmart 7520 for $129.00, so y not?  It's rated very high.

Now I guess Ihave to reluctantly get rid of the C410A.  It seems just like yesterday when I bought, but twas 4 yrs ago.  I guess I'll just throw it in the garbage.  Too bad...everythig else works so well with it.  I'll sell it to any one your for $45.00 + shipping.

HP Recommended

Ignore the bit about 5 minutes, just keep soaking the print head in hot (60 degrees C) water, replacing the water every half hour or so until there's no trace of any ink in the water.  Then dry off the printhead as much as possible, give it a good shake wrapped in a cloth.  If that doesn't work, soak it again.  It will eventually clear

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.