Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank You for this  IT WORKED!!!  Saved lots of Money!

HP Recommended

Bob -

I have a 3210 all in one. Is there a solution for that? I've tried all the simple recommended ones.

Thanks

HP Recommended
After troubleshooting my hp c398a for several days I found this post about soaking the print heads in hot water for 10 minutes. Finally a solution that worked! I had tried running under hot water with no success, it was the soaking that worked. Thank you so much
HP Recommended

I recommend doing some preventive maintenance annually by pulling the print head and pouring alcohol down the inlets of the print head and then soaking in very hot water.

Bob-NRRPT

HP Recommended

Hi there

I also have some problems with my 6500A Plus : it only prints black and no colors!

I testet everything...I changed the inks, i put the print head i wather and also did a full reset at the Menu (3x Back-Button and then in the Menu).

Can someone help me?

HP Recommended

Soak the print head in isoprophyl alcohol up slightly higher than the inlet for ten minutes. Resoak in hot water. Dry everything off by shaking and wiping and insert back in printer. Turn the printer off and unplug and replug it after 15 seconds. Turn everything back on and it will do a total reset and everything will work.

Bob-NRRPT

HP Recommended

@climbs4fun wrote:

Bob -

I have a 3210 all in one. Is there a solution for that? I've tried all the simple recommended ones.

Thanks

The Photosmart 3210 has permanent printheads.  If you have already done the steps in this document there is not much else to try.  With nothing to lose I might be tempted to try the following:  Print a test page.  With the printer taking a swath disconnect the power cord (and the USB cable if using USB).  You could carefully try cleaning the printhead from underneath with a damp q-tip.  It may also help to remove the black cartridge with the power off after cleaning the cartridge.  Plug the printer back in and turn on the printer.   Do not put the black cartridge back in until prompted to by the printer. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart C309g-m so this probably doesn't apply to me since I fixed my printer according to my recent posts. All my printer functions now work. Also, suggest buying remanufactured ink from Amazon. You can get the whole package for about 12 bucks instead of 80 bucks. I really don't do a lot of printing but use my HP for it's scanning capabilities and putting files in a pdf format.

Bob-NRRPT

HP Recommended

Bob -

I tried your suggestions. Alas no luck. But thank you for trying.

At least I can still scan. Print later.

Thanks,

Gale

HP Recommended

Hm it didn't work 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.