Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Call me cynical but these 3-in-1 printers are so cheap that if HP engineers addressed this issue we wouldn't go out and buy another printer.* Apart from this problem I hate the fact the 6500 takes eons for the &&^%$ to reset sometimes, I run through ink like crazy and I am not a graphic design person.  

*Seriously, if I was not able to fix this problem I was on my way to buy another printer and it would not have been an HP!

HP Recommended

Thanks; I have checked the vents to no avail.  I have gone out and bought a new 6500 since I actually quite like the functionality.  But I've bought a three year warranty with it. 

I did try the new printhead in the old printer and it did not print black at all with the XL black cartridge.  With the smaller standard cartridge it worked a little - printing rather as if the ink was running out.

Putting the head back into the new printer it all works fine with either cartridge.

So I know there is nothing wrong with the print head or the cartridges.

I can therefore only conclude there's an internal firmware problem in the old printer or there's a physical connection problem, most likely in the ribbon cable between body of printer and print head cradle, or between that cradle and the print head itself.

Writing this has given me one further thought, which is to re-upgrade the firmware (done many moons ago) to see whether this will reset something in the {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} thing.

HP Recommended

Colors print but black is gray - hardly visible

Help!!

HP Recommended

Used your idea, didn't work at first, tried again and used a can of compressed air to remove gobs of black ink, now good as new.  Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended
How to get in to the manually reset the printer after boiling and replacing printhead????
HP Recommended

Bob, I have the HP Photosmart C309g printer.  I tried your suggestion on cleaning the printhead.  WOW, I'm impressed.  I followed your instructions, step-by-step .... it worked perfectly.  THANKS.............

HP Recommended

Did as suggested and the printer failed completly. Upon repower and restart the error message is:

Printer Failure

0xc19a0013

Please turn printer offrestart printer.

So much for warm water soak for the printer head.

This this now just a plinking target and Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard have been spaired what would have been to them, great engineers that they were, a hugh humiliation in the performance of their company and a piece of technology with their names on it. But not the current management, their names are not on the equipment and their souls have been removed so the possibility of guilt is the same ad dividing by zero.

HP Recommended

@AllowUs wrote:

Did as suggested and the printer failed completly. Upon repower and restart the error message is:

Printer Failure

0xc19a0013

Please turn printer off restart printer. [snip]

What printer model? The page here should help, assuming you have not done anything destructive to the printer at this point.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

You referenced soaking the printhead in hot water. Really? The whole thing? And did you just throw away the cartridges or somehow protect them from drying up while they were removed?

I cleaned the printhead and printer connections with cotton-tipped applicators dipped in ethanol. It restored some of my black printing the first time, but when I did it a second time, I got an error read out of printhead failure. I have turned off the printer and am hoping for a miracle if I let it sit overnight.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much. Great instructions! Worked perfectly. I was afraid I was buying another printhead.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.