Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi, Wonder if anyone could help please?

I have a HP Deskjet 460. This morning, I had a paper jam, which I cleared by extracting the paper from the printer Following this, the power light and the resume light are flashing and nothing will print - it appears that the printer still thinks there is a paper jam, which there isn't.

I've worked through the troubleshooting section of the HP website, without success. I hope in removing the jam, I haven't damaged the printer mechanism in some way...........

I recall this happened many moons ago when I used the same printer at work, but can't recall how it was resolved then - it was done by someone in the IT dept of the company I worked for then so I can't ask for a solution from that source!

Any suggestions anyone please?

Many thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi warringtonsaint, 

Please remove the cartridges from the printer, and then double check there is no small pieces of paper located in the printer. Turn the printer off for 1 to 2 minutes, and then turn it back on. Let me know if you still have the same blinking lights without the cartridges installed?

Blinking Lights

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hello warringtonsaint

You stated you already tried the troubleshooting section without success. Was 'This' the article? If not please try that article. It may help resolve you issue.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi Travis,

Thanks for the reply.

That was the troubleshooting section I tried and which didn't really help.

I do appreciate your time in having looked at my question and trying to help - thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi warringtonsaint, 

Please remove the cartridges from the printer, and then double check there is no small pieces of paper located in the printer. Turn the printer off for 1 to 2 minutes, and then turn it back on. Let me know if you still have the same blinking lights without the cartridges installed?

Blinking Lights

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Excellent!!

Thank you - printer now functioning again.

HP Recommended

i have having the same issue, your suggestion didnt work in my case. am using a HP deskjet D2460, please help

HP Recommended

Hello select.  I understand you're receiving a flashing light error.

Flashing lights are generally used to indicate specific errors.  So, knowing which lights are flashing will be very important.  What lights are flashing on your printer?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi, just revisiting this as the printer has stopped working again.

The lights flashing are the resume button and the power button; I've looked in teh manual, which says that this is due to a media jam or carriage stall. I've tried the solutions, but they don't work.

I've looked in the printer queue and there is a document that is waiting printing - I've tried to delete this, but it won't delete.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi SuperSaint, 

First off you can delete the print job in the queue by stopping and restarting the printer spooler in services. For the error lights you are getting on the printer please follow the steps in the document below, and then let me know what you find out?

The Printer Stalls Unexpectedly or Stops Printing and the Resume Light Blinks (Paper Jam)

Access Services: 

1. Type services.msc in Run (XP) or Search programs and files (Vista & Win 7)

2. Scroll down to Print Spooler, and then click Stop

3. Close services, and then reboot the computer. This will automatically restart the print spooler. 

Print Spooler.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi, many thanks for replying and trying to resolve the problem for me.
I've cleared the print error, but having worked through the solutions, the power light and the resume light are still flashing together and I can't trace any paper jam.
I can't print anything - even a test page.
Can you suggest anything else please?
Thanks again,
Dave
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.