Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi kb222,

Can you make a standalone copy from the printer control panel?

Can you scan using the software installed on the computer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-one scan is not working. But it prints files and copies.

HP Recommended

I got the Print and Scan Doctor and it keeps saying the problem is I am not connected to the Internet. This doesn´t make sense because I clearly am connected and the cables are plugged in.  It gives the options of Wireless, USB and Wired and I have a wire connection not USB and I do not have Wifi so I chose Wired but it then says there is no connection. My HP Deskjet F4280 has always worked fine until now but it will not scan and just causes the Power Button to blink whan I press scan. 

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I had this same issue and after researching numerous forums for countless hours I found a solution that worked for me. Now I had downloaded all the updated drivers and the Hp scan and print doctor tool and no luck. Therefore I unplugged both the power cord and usb cable to the printer and decided to completely remove all the printer software for Hp and I do mean all of it. Once it was completely removed I restarted my computer and only plugged in the power cord to the printer and used the installation program that I downloaded from this site because I could not find my CD-ROM that came with the printer.  I just allowed it to reinstall everything and connected the usb cable when it instructed me to do so and the scanner is now working again. I hope this will help some of you guys.  

HP Recommended

the tool you're suggesting to use only works for windows.  what if we have a mac.  my scanner isn't working either, but everything else is fine

HP Recommended

Hello DiamondKiller,

Thanks for the post.  I'm not sure which MAC OS X you are currently running, but did you notice that the scan function stopped working after doing an update/upgrade to a new MAC OS ?  Are you able to make a simple copy from the scanner? 

I've included a link below for MAC OS X 10.8 that provides steps on how to scan without the HP software.  This will allow you to scan with APPLE Preview or Image Capture or from Print and Scan.   Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550518

We do have HP full feature driver software available for MAC OS X up to 10.9 for this product. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03550518&lang=en&lc=en&pro...&

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

mine is also doing this. I am using an Acer chromebook help please!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.