Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Having the same issue and we just did the drop idea and complete success!! Who would believe it except by trying?! Thanks so much!
HP Recommended

I did the drop test and it worked for awhile.  I then simply unplugged everything attached to the printer and did a complete re-install using the original start up disk.  Now it runs like new.

I have also purchased a bak up printer just in case.  So far so good, after three months..

HP Recommended

Honor student! Learn how to spell BACK.

HP Recommended
I did it THANK YOU. Worked perfect
HP Recommended

The Pick-up and Drop worked for us today too!

HP Recommended

Drop and print worked for me too after trying other suggestions (unplugging wouldn't work and cartridges still wouldn't move). Crazy! Thanks for this solution!

HP Recommended

Holding down power button for a few cycles worked first time. Now I can't copy. Just makes a little beep and nothing happens. Did a hard reset as per another suggested solution and it did the 0xC errors again. Dropped from a few cm above my desk - Hey, it works!  BTW: I'm a printer technician and I still have not figured out how this helped BUT IT DID!

HP Recommended

Fantastic!  Thanks for you message.  So glad it worked for you.  Cynthia

HP Recommended

Unbelieveable ! ! !  Couldn't get printer to work.  Drop and print --- first try it worked ! ? ! ? !

HP Recommended

Started at the top of the thread, "link" lead to nothing ... page two however held the revelation. "DROP IT"  cleared the problem. Seems to have resolved another issue I had been having as well!   Thanks. (Just wish I could do that with my ISP)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.