Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please help. my alignment page and printer status report both print in colour and I can copy in colour HOWEVER

I cannot print from my computer on either internet or a word document in colour. I have tried absolutely everything

I can think of or locate ideas for but with no success, can someone please help.

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi kibby777,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are unable to print color documents with your Envy 4500 printer.

I've included the "Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages" trouble shooting document.  It has detailed trouble shooting steps to follow.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same proble - test page, etc. prints fine in colour with clear blacks also - however when printing from a file (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) colour won't print - looks like greyscale but colour option selected when sending prints - I have followed the link about trouble shooting - all done with no improvement- thanks

HP Recommended

Hi iain_russell,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that your Envy 4500 printer is not printing colours when you choose to print a colour document.

I have included a different trouble shooting document for you, as you indicated that you have followed the steps from my post above yours. The document is Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems. It has a couple of steps that you may have already performed, but please follow the steps in the document in the order presented.

If you run into any issues with the above, please let me know at what step things went awry and the contents of any error messages. Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi HP

Have tried both multi-step sets of solutions you offer on this thread. The problem is not with the cartridges or paper, as the test and alignment pages print perfectly in both color and black & white. The problem only occurs when trying to print any sort of document or email from my MacBook. It will not recognise color and only prints color as grayscale. The issue seems related to the printer not communicating properly with the MAC OS X for some reason and  failing to recognise that the color component of the document requires colored ink. I would expect a newly purchased printer (purchased from a MacStore to ensure compataibility) to be able to do this without numerous trouble shooting steps or resorting to using only color cartridges whenever I want to print in color. Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @CRJ1971

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.   I see that you are unable to print in color with your Envy 4500 when sending the print job from your MacBook.

Since you have tried the solutions suggested on the thread, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Printer will not print in colour.Alignment page has only Blacks, Blues and Greys, although settings appear to be set correctly and ink levels ok

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @Rubymay8 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi there, it would appear that I am not alone in having trouble with my brand new HP ENVY 4500 not printing in colour.  I am quite savvy in problem solving and have tried everything I can think of.  It must be a communication thing between the printer and my computer as all the diagnostic tests print out in brilliant colour.  I would love to hear if someone has solved this problem, I have an iMac. Has HP come up with an answer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.