Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got a HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One printer

I'm using Macbook and I have been trying to scan documents through wireless however the printer either comes up with no connection to computer, or computer cannot be found.

So i want to ask what I have to do with the settings of my printer and my Macbook in order for me to have a successful scan to computer?

Also, if I would like to get a USB cable just in case of any network connection issue, which USB cable suits my printer?

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi schoiy209,

I would like to help you with your scanning issue. Could you please tell me what operating system you are running on the Macbook?

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am using OS X 10.8.5 currently

HP Recommended

Hi schoiy209,

Thank you for the information. Follow the steps in this document Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection and set up a static IP address. This should resolve your issue.

The USB cable that you would be looking for should be a 2.0.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi

I tried the steps in the link you provided and they didn't work for me.

In the application "HP Scan", it cannot find my computer while my friend's computer works for her envy 4500.

My printer comes up with my computer's name, however it still cannot connect with my computer.

Will it be better for me to get a usb cable for my scanning issue?

Or is it possible that an HP expert could come to my house to check this for me?

HP Recommended

Hi schoiy209,

There are several reasons why you may not be able to scan over the network. Could you please download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run that. Keep track of any errors or fixes it makes.

Let me know,

Thank you,

HP Recommended
I have tried to download HP Scan and doctor however isn't it only for windows system and Mac systems do not get this software?
HP Recommended

Hi schoiy209,

Can you scan from the HP Scan program on your computer. Follow the steps in this document for How to Scan .

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

HP Recommended
I cannot scan from the HP scan program from my computer. It cannot find my printer while my printer is able to find my computer but cannot make connection for the scanning requested.
HP Recommended

schoiy209,

I would suggest that you reset the printing system on your computer and re-add the printer. Please be aware this will remove all printers installed so you will have to re-add them as well. Follow the steps in the document for Resetting your printing system.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.