Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 4520 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed my new 4520 but my computer (Windows 10 add a printer)  is asking the following.  "Enter the WPS PIN for your printer.  You can find the WPS PIN number on your DIRECT -44  HP 4520 printer or in the packaging that it came with."

I cannot find anything on the printer or the box that says WPS PIN.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Well the WPS pin is located on your router.  Either on a label on the bottom or side.  Otherwise you will need to access the internal WEB page and look it up.

I suggest you read your manual to decide exactly how you want to connect the printer.  WPS is not recommended.   Use Infrastructure method as outline in the User guide.

HP Recommended

Windows 10 add a printer is asking for the printer pin. I keyed in the router pin and that did not work. 

HP Recommended

Again, do not use the WPS method.  Download you User Guide here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4520-All-in-One-Printer-series/5447920/model/5447921/man...

Follow the instructions on page 36 to connect to your router the correct and best way.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I will try to print that user guide and give that a try. I will let you know if I am successful.  Thanks so much for your time in replying to my problem.

HP Recommended

did you ever find your WPS PIN?

HP Recommended

@frustrated-hp wrote:

did you ever find your WPS PIN?

You WPS Pin number is on a label on your router somewhere.  Otherwise you will have to access your routers web page and look under the wireless tab to find the PIN number of the router. 

HP Recommended

This Q has already been asked but not really answered directly i just want to know where the WPS Pin is located either on the Envy or literature.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@APT1 wrote:

This Q has already been asked but not really answered directly i just want to know where the WPS Pin is located either on the Envy or literature.

Thanks

Exaclty how are you trying to connect what to what????

HP Recommended

I am wanting to know the same answer to the same Q did you find the answer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.