Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. I tried installing the universal drivers but stiil nothing works (I tried all 3 of them PCL5, PCL6, postscript).

Any other suggestion than throwing away my printer (HP laserJet 1000 series)?

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Follow the steps below

1. First you’ll want to download the latest printing solution for Windows XP.  Tthe filename of the download should be lj1488en.exe.

2. Run the download to extract the files, and then click cancel on the installation screen when it appears.

3. Open the lj1488 folder, and then right click on the setup.exe file, selecting “Properties”. 

4. Click on the Compatibility tab, check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3).  Click OK and run that file.

Note: You may get a few error box windows and you may have to click on the “Skip” button when it asks you to power on your printer or connect the USB cord but it should install the driver and the printer solution software.

HP LaserJet - Products not supported in Windows 7

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello!

I tried all the steps but, somewhere at the 26% of the installation, it requests the disk 2, that contains the file Greek\hp1KW2K.cat

Nothing works even if I copy this file from the original instalation  disk into the lj1488 directory (and I don't get a "skip" option to pass this step).

Thank you 

HP Recommended

Hi AnaP,

What region are you located?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am in Greece.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi AnaP,

Please retry using the link to the Greece driver below.

HP LaserJet 1000 Printing Software Solution 

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello again.

I am sorry but it is not working. It shows a "Driver Installation Failed" and a "Driver not Intalled" message. 

I also changed the setup file compatibility mode to Windows service pack 3.

Thank you for your help so far.

Best,

AnaP

HP Recommended

Hi AnaP,

If the steps outlined in the previous posts have not helped the only other possible work around would be to try the UPD - Universal Print Driver from the link below.

If you are still unable to get this to work you will need to review the information about unsupported printers in Win7, and what options you have availble to you. Let me know how it goes?

The HP LaserJet 1000 Printer is not supported and do not have any driver options available in the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system:

If you have a product that is not supported in Windows 7, you may be eligible for a trade-in allowance you can use toward the purchase of any new HP printer and more. To find out whether your product is eligible, go to HP Trade-In Program page (www.hp.com/go/tradein), select Printer - Laser from the Product category list, select the trade-in quantity, and then click >> .

If you are using the new Windows 7 operating system on your PC, you might also consider an upgrade to a newer HP product that will work with Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system.

For more information about upgrade programs, please go to the HP Trade-in Trade-Up website or the HP Shopping website:

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

twk

HP Recommended

Hi knife-999,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.