The HP Community is here for you.
10-26-2013 06:05 PM
Install with the driver in the HP web:
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
10-29-2013 08:51 AM
Hi friends I have solution with driver for Windows 8 32 bit. and works 100% without problems. Download it and install. In all probability working with Windows 8 64 bit.
04-06-2014 05:52 AM
I also can't install the HP LaserJet 1005 series driver on my Windows 8.1 x64. Here is what I've done so far:
- downloaded ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en.exe
- started the installer program
- it successfully extracted installation data into C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet P1000_P1500 Series
- (the printer's USB cable is not yet connected)
- A pop up window appears: "Waiting for user to connect the device."
- I connect the USB cable to the computer. The printer is turned on. (The USB cable is OK - verified on a different PC)
- However, the installer is unable to detect the connected printer. The following messages are reapeatedly written into the installer's log file:
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:085]- LOG(8F0): IsNewDeviceConnected(vidpidList with 6 elements)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:153]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3D17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:220]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:287]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4817)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:354]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:423]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4917)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:492]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:559]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3E17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:625]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:692]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3F17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:760]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:828]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4017)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:895]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
- note that after connecting the printer's USB, the printer appeared in the Devices and Printers Windows view. However, when I click on Properties and Driver -> Hardware I get that no drivers have been loaded for it.
It looks like the program cannot find the connected printer it this is causing the failure. Here is a download link to the full log file: log.
Please advice on how to proceed in this situation. Please let me know if you need further information.
09-28-2014 05:41 AM
After a year of waiting for you I finally solved the issue myself.
You guys really messed up, especially that the solution should be obvious on your side. I believe that people who continue having problems with you drivers basically have non-english windows.
- I first unpacked the driver with winrar
- Then I edited the .inf file. At the language settings LANGDIR variable only made sense for english and was pointing to nonexisting folders in other cases. So for my lanfuage I changed the settings to
LANGDIR = "English"
If you now try adding the driver manually via control panel/printer and devices (I'm translating so the exact names can be different) , it will give you an error of no signature. To walk around that
- run windows in a mode that allows unsigned drivers and then install the driver manually
(I almost got a stroke at this step as the reboot options are not easy to find using non english windows - how typical for win8...)
after that the drivers work