The HP Community is here for you.
02-21-2013 06:37 AM
I've been waiting for a while to come out windows 8 64bit driver for my printer HP LaserJet p1005. The windows 7 driver doesn't find my printer.
Please tell me at least how much longer will it take to come out, so I can take the appropriate measures to be able to print when it's important.
02-22-2013 09:22 PM
Since coming out with Windows 8, Microsoft obsoleted a lot of printers for no reason forcing the user to upgrade to newer hardware. Just watch the HP web site as they determine to support this product.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 97.2% (increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
02-23-2013 04:17 AM - edited 10-26-2013 06:03 PM
Maybe the next steps helps
To install on Windows 8 apply the following steps:
1. Download the driver that is available on the HP site:
- Basic Driver Plug and Play for HP LaserJet P1005
- ljP1000_P1500 HB-pnp-win64-en.exe-[1/1, 3.54m]
Note: Download this file to the Windows Desktop.
2. Then select the downloaded file with the mouse right click Properties.
3. Select the tab that says Compatibility.
4. Then check the box that says "Run in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7
5. Under Privilege Level check the box that says "Run as administrator"
6. Click OK to close the Properties window.
7. Then double-click it on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
Note: Remember that the USB cable must be unplugged before installation.
It should appear as follows:
I hope these steps will be helpful with the Windows 8 installation of the Laserjet P1005 printer.
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
02-26-2013 03:23 AM
I don't understand why here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D
"Products that install using USB connection only (no network install)
LaserJet P1005, P1006, P1007, P1008, and P1009"
03-02-2013 11:28 AM - edited 03-02-2013 12:07 PM
it crashed. But I found a HP directory in program files after than. There were setup.exe here, I tried to run it in compatibility mode. Crashed too with "file not found message". I extracted *.cab files content from this directory into the same directory. And open device manager. There were other device - HP P1005, I tried to install driver manualy from device manager and show him inf file from HP directory in program files. And it works.
Seems to me that it cannot be recommended to common users. But I was desperate, I needed to print.