Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply! This problem is not for P1005 only, but for P1006, P1007 and P1008 also. All of them "have drivers" according to the page above, but when you try to download software it shows just regular "coming soon" text...

HP Recommended

@pefo_1 wrote:

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while to come out windows 8 64bit driver for my printer HP LaserJet p1005. The windows 7 driver doesn't find my printer.

Please tell me at least how much longer will it take to come out, so I can take the appropriate measures to be able to print when it's important. 

@pefo_1 wrote:

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while to come out windows 8 64bit driver for my printer HP LaserJet p1005. The windows 7 driver doesn't find my printer.

Please tell me at least how much longer will it take to come out, so I can take the appropriate measures to be able to print when it's important. 

@pefo_1 wrote:

Hello,

@pefo_1 wrote:

Hello,

Has anithing changed in the meanwhile?

HP Recommended
Well, there are a few extreme measures you can try (read above), but as far as I know still no permanent solution.
For me the comment at the first page of JiriCvrk, does make it print, but with a lot of bugs. Drives me nuts, but at least I can do something with the printer...
HP Recommended

FINALLY HP released the driver!

But still did not achieved to install it! I'm trying!

HP Recommended

Hey,

I see you are having an issue installing the Laserjet P1005 on a Windows 8 PC.  I see you are using the Plug and Play driver package from HP.  Are you making sure to connect through a USB cable with this printer?

What happens when you try to run this install package?

Do you get any errors?

I will need a bit more detailed information to be able to best help in resolving your installation issue, eftaxiaskostas.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Traying to download the update file which should enable me to print through my HP Laserjet P1005 with W8, but the process stops after a couple of seconds and it bloks everything

HP Recommended

Hi.

I could not install the drivers from the original file! The proccess was ok, but after all, no printer was installed!

I finally achieved to install thw printer with the Diagnostic Tool!

HP Recommended

Hey,

I am sorry to hear that the direct file was unable to get you connected eftaxiaskostas.  I am glad to hear that the diagnostic tool was able to get the install to proceed forward and function.  I wish you the best with all your future printing needs!

Happy Printing,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Re: HP LaserJet p1005 windows 8 driver ?

HP Recommended

My HP Laserjet p1005 printer has refused to print on windows 8. All i see are print orders stuck in the cue. what do i do

@pefo_1 wrote:

THANK YOU, IT WORKED! 

HP support- take notes!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.