Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes disabling paper tray 2 worked.   Thanks for sharing this.  The HP photo paper 8.5 x 11 will print now.

HP Recommended

After reading all the posts, with a brand new printer I am NOT willing to go through "work arounds"  to print on their own brand of paper!  Will somebody from HP at least acknowledge this is a problem and it will be fixed and we will be notified? 

HP Recommended
click on start go to device & printer --> click on add a printer & select Add local printer --> click next --> next now you will get install the printer driver under this you will get Manufacturer & printer two colums. Under Manufactures select HP & under Printers scroll & select HP Deskjet 9800 Printer, click next leave the printer name as it click next it will get installed & try using the printer. wile printing select this printer to print it will work & wile printing document select the OJ pro 8600 & use

Hit kudos if problem solves
HP Recommended

I tried this process for Cardstock on a MAC and did not work, thanks for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

I agree, useless if i can't print on Cardstock either.

HP Recommended

I am able to print to 5x7 HP Premium Plus Photo Paper. The answer can be found here. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01662356

HP Recommended

Same Problem here, one would think that sombody from HP would be on this. Ive tried all the suggestions and nothing. This seems too easy, why isnt this fixed already? Might be time to send it back to Costco, what a shame, i was just convinced to try HP for the first time. What a let down, i guess you get what you pay for.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  It used Kodak paper fine but I have a stack of  Glossy Epson paper that will go to waste.

I tried setting it to "card stock" as another user suggested but it still wouldn't take it.

HP Recommended

same problem here, not only photo paper, but anything that is not plain paper... just LAME!!!

HP Recommended

hey guys!.. well i'm able to print now by choosing alway "best"  in quality drop down menu..

try that, might work for u as well..

cheers!

Jorge

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.