Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I took my tray out and increased the arc of the metal maybe 1/32 -1/16 inch by putting my thumbs on center back of edge. I am not recommending this but my printer has been working perfect for me ever since photo or plain paper. My printer was brand new printer so I was very frustrated. Never fed photo paper before this after trying for several hours. HP must be aware of this. Quality problem for some/lots of printers tray I think. Has slight arc from factory? Just my thoughts. If you ruin you tray don't blame me. Hope this help someone.
HP Recommended

I cannot get this machine to accept photo paper. It grabs the second sheet of regular paper and prints on that and sends out both pieces together. 

HP Recommended

@questioninghp wrote:

I cannot get this machine to accept photo paper. It grabs the second sheet of regular paper and prints on that and sends out both pieces together. 

Maybe this is everyone's problem. I have this printer for more then 2 years without any problems. All regular paper must be removed from the tray first, before putting in photo paper.

HP Recommended

The HP 8600 will not print on photo paper. I am very unhappy and would like it replaced

HP Recommended

I just bougt this dammned printer.

Brand new and it is not printing on their own photopaper!

Never HP again!

HP Recommended

please tell me how to print photo from my hp officejet pro 8600 printer

HP Recommended

Wow!!! This is THE most useless post!!!! You work for HP?

HP Recommended

Post 131 I mention how I carefully bent the metal at the back of the tray slightly to a bigger arc in the center. It has been 5 months and hasn't missed a page of HP photo paper or regular paper since. It is  a quality control or design problem with the tray. I decided to either take the printer back or experiment carefully with seemed like could be the problem.  Expermenting worked for me.

HP Recommended

Having searched the web for the printing problems on HP Glossy Photo Papers (yes HP) and seeing the only other "sensible" solution here was bending the tray, I just tried something quite simple and stupid - load the entire 100 photo paper stack onto the tray and guess what? It works. The solution is simple - HP engineering poor design make it impossible for the printer to "pick up" the paper unless it is above the level of the tray end at the back !!!!!!!

Basically, keep your little cardbox in which your photo papers were sold to you and stack it under your photo paper if you are running low on paper! On anything that would allow the top end of your stack to be above the top of the tray level at the center.

Why on earth would HP not even suggest anything to all users is beyond my understanding as this is really very very low from HP :((

HP Recommended

@Free_Burman wrote:

Having searched the web for the printing problems on HP Glossy Photo Papers (yes HP) and seeing the only other "sensible" solution here was bending the tray, I just tried something quite simple and stupid - load the entire 100 photo paper stack onto the tray and guess what? It works. The solution is simple - HP engineering poor design make it impossible for the printer to "pick up" the paper unless it is above the level of the tray end at the back !!!!!!!

Basically, keep your little cardbox in which your photo papers were sold to you and stack it under your photo paper if you are running low on paper! On anything that would allow the top end of your stack to be above the top of the tray level at the center.

Why on earth would HP not even suggest anything to all users is beyond my understanding as this is really very very low from HP :((

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I could kiss you xxxxx:smileylol:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.