Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I appreciate all the suggestions I received. I did all of this. It still doesn't work. I'm returning the printer today because I don't want to work this hard on a brand new / finicky printer!
HP Recommended

I have been having this same problem, trying to print smooth b'day card stock, similar to photo paper. Prints a few, then I was taking out the tray, flipping the printer over, cleaning the feed wheel in the middle at the far end that picks up the paper. Then it worked for a few more times, etc. Seems to be a physical thing. If you take out the tray, take out all the paper, & push the release tab at the end of the tray, the inside of the tray pops up, pushing the paper against the feed wheel when the paper tray is pushed all the way in. Mine was actually curved down in the middle of the tray a bit, not allowing enough pressure in the middle of the tray, at the back, to push the paper up against the feed wheel, thereby "slipping" on the paper, and not picking it up. I just bent the tray a little so that it is a bit higher in the center of the pop-up part of the tray, pushing the paper more against the (stupid little) feed wheel, and it's working no problem. So take a look at your paper tray, as it might be a physical pressure problem. Good Luck. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and have tried all the remedies that were suggested.  Here is how I have my settings under the printer:

Under Printer Preferences:

Paper Source:  Select 'Tray 1'

Paper Size:  Select '4x6 in'

Media:  HP Advanced Photo Paper

Quality Setting:  "It automaticaly changed it to Custom"

Under Printer Properties:

Select: Device Settings

Printer Auto Select:  '4x6 in'

Tray 1:  '4x6 in'

Under "Installable Options"

Automatic Duplex:  Select 'Not Installed'

Tray 2:  Select 'Not Installed'

This allowed me to print one picture.  I could not print another.  I next took out the duplexing piece from the back of the printer.  I could see the 4x6 paper moving, but it couldn't feed all the way through.  I pulled out the paper from the back, replaced the duplexing piece and now I am able to print several more picture.  I have printed 4 more.  I'm going to try to print more and see if this has solved the challeng.

HP Recommended

I am using a Mac running Mountain Lion and I was having the similar frustrating issue. I tried a Lot of the work arounds, but what  worked for me is opening iPhoto and printing a photo from my library. The key was to change the paper type in iPhoto to glossy paper and it printed immediately. After changing that one setting and printing a photo I was able to print from other programs (ie on HP glossy paper) without the "no paper loaded" error anymore. 

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 not printing on photo paper.  I'm using HP premium paper. After pressing print button i get a paper mismatch message. Paper insterted glossy side down.

HP Recommended
@ mwarshol - Paper mismatch errors can usually be corrected by adjusting the print settings. Are you going to the paper/quality tab and selecting the proper paper type from the drop down list in the print settings? Printing photos for both Mac and Windows computers is covered on page 40 of the user manual. It will show how to adjust the settings and the pathway to take to be able to change the print settings. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with HP everyday photo paper glossy for the Officejet Pro 8600. It's was apperant that the rubber piece that grabs the paper wasn't picking it up but someone suggested moving the blue paper holder in the paper tray jammed up against the paper and that did the trick. I guess it moves the paper forward ever so slightly that it now picks it up.

Yeah, sucks HP can't even have their own printers use their own paper. LOL!

Oh, and I love how HP employees think you didn't set something up properly and that you need to upgrade the firmware or read the intruction manual again. Look at all these complaints and fix your product. It's not us.

HP Recommended

I had the same problems as listed & tried everything to no avail. The solution was to use Kodak Ultima Picture Paper as was suggested by one of the posts. What an irony to buy a HP printer & HP paper will not work?!!

HP Recommended

Kodak paper has worked consistently for me -- only the images are highly saturated in color, and that needs a little adjustment.  Ironic, indeed.

HP Recommended

Of all suggestions, printing 100 blank pages is the only one that worked.  Not sure why HP doesn't have this posted officially as an easily findable solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.