Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same symptoms:  No black printing.  FIXED by multiple rinsing of the print head tray with clear, hot, tap water.  I finally had to let the faucet stream hit the intake screens and also the print heads from the bottom.  Probably not recommended by HP but, after three tries of soaking and rinsing , it was a last ditch effort before tossing the whole machine.  It worked!  Patience and persistence are required to fix this problem.

Here is my trouble shooting logic:

1.  Tried a 2nd brand-new, black cartridge:  Still no black printing therefore the cartridge is not the problem.

2.  Disconnected the USB cable to computer and tried to scan/print a B&W letter.  Still no black printing, therefore the computer software is not the problem. (Windows 7, PC)

3.  From the printer menu, I tried to print a test page and then an alignment process.  Color print YES. black NO.

4.  Did a hard reset by pulling the power cord while printer was on and at idle.  Waited 10 minutes then replugged power cord.  No luck therefore it is not likely an onboard software problem.

5.  Removed all print cartridges, examined all gold contacts and wiped with a wet, clean, soft cloth.  No luck.

6.  Finally, removed the print cartridge tray assembly (the tray with the color dots printed on top of it.)  Remove by first taking out the 4 cartridges, then gently tilt the tray assembly forward and pull it up and out.  This is the tray I cleaned several times before having success.

WARNING:  Do not touch, wipe or scrape the print heads on the bottom of the cartridge tray.  They are super sensitive and WILL damage easily.  If you damage the tray then the printer is worthless.   Also, do not use rubbing alchohol -- use warm water only.

HP Recommended

My hp 6500 officejet e709n want print black have cleaned heads done all recommendation.  I attached a Kodak printer to computer and it also want print black.  This occured after I did not renew with norton.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, still want prink black on either printer.

james

HP Recommended

I am receiving ERROR 0-c19a0013, and black prints poorly.  Why?

HP Recommended

I put the printhead in a steamer basket with about an inch of water in the pan. After about 5-minutes steaming on the stove, the water was black with ink and the printhead was clean. Reassembled the unit and everything works like new.

HP Recommended

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!!  Thank you so much!  Definitely use rubbing alcohol, that is what got the clumps of ink out of the printhead--clumps you cannot see by just looking at printhead...good luck everyone!

HP Recommended

I did the prceedure and it didn't work.  The black ink still doesnt work!

HP Recommended

When done with the cleaning procedure, dDid you install a fresh new black ink cartridge?

Othewise, it will not work.

HP Recommended

This is so frustrating. I've read many comments and tried everything...cleaning cartridges, cleaning printer head, new cartridge, disconnecting, removing cartridges, etc.

I still cannot get the black ink to print.

Has anyone solved this problem by other means? Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @bkbeebe , and welcome to the HP Forums.

If you have reviewed and attempted all the steps in this thread, you are more than likely experiencing some form of an ink system failure.  I would recommend contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

This did notwork. Eventually tried again to print and now gives a paper out error (With paper).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.