Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

YES! IT WORKED! THANKS!

HP Recommended

what about the hp photosmart c4795? I finally went to windows 10 and now the printer won't work.

HP Recommended

This worked for me, Thanks a million.

HP Recommended

does anyone have any advice ? my 2570 printer worked perfectly fine till i disconnected it to move house . it cant detect  the printer anymore ive downloaded so many drivers etc and nothing seems to be working right now 

HP Recommended

@sophiea671

You failed to post your Operating System.

If your OS is Windows 8.x through Windows 10:

Use the link posted in the Solution for your Photosmart 2570

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I'm on windows 10
HP Recommended

@sophiea671

Thanks -- best to check.

This driver is rated for Windows 8.x through Windows 10:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Suggestions

• Create a Restore Point **  >
  • Download the printer software installation package >
  • Remove the existing software from Programs and Features, All Apps >
  • Shutdown all programs > Restart / Reboot the computer and log in >
  • Find the installation package - likely in your Downloads folder >
  • Double-Click on the package to install

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

** Create Restore Point

Stop all programs:  Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

Good Reference:

How to Do a System Restore of Windows 10

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Extras:

This is a vintage printer -- the documentation available for it may disappear.

Please take the time to consider whether you want to download / save the information.

Examples:

Photosmart 2570 User Guide

Other documents that may be of interest:

HP Photosmart 2570 All-in-One Printer series – Setup and Install

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I still cannot get my printer to connect. It goes through all of the installation processes, then fails to connect (even though I select it). 

After installation of the drivers, it says that I can 'Add a Device - All-in-One' using a desktop shortcut. That brings me to the selection of direct or network. I choose network - Click Next
It then checks network configuration
A list of printers comes up, there is only one; the printer I want to install. It has all the correct information. 
I select that printer and click Next
It goes through and looks as though it will work, saying it is checking connections etc. 
Another page pops up that says "installing your printer"
After a very brief period of time it says "Printer setup has failed to complete. Click Retry to try installing the printer again or click Next to continue installation without connecting the printer now, I will connect later."
I've tried Retry several times. I also tried Next, and then trying again. But this keeps happening. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 bit, installing the 2575 All-In-One. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

drivers windows 10, 64

HP Recommended

Same here. I have even removed the driver, rebooted system, and reinstalled a few times. Driver installation fails every time at the same point after it has already found the printer and listed its correct IP address.

Maybe something has changed with windows updates recently? Any chance HP could fix this (if anyone from HP is reading this?)

And yes, I too have WIndows 10 64 bit, PhotoSmart 2575.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.