Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been having a similar problem: I have a D110A printer and a MacBook. My printer connected easily to my old network, but since I moved to a new residence and opened up a new internet account, it won't accept my WPA PASSWORD.

It's cable internet (Comcast), and I have a modem/router combo device that's Motorola brand. My roommate hasn't been able to set up her wireless printer either, so I'm guessing it has something to do with our modem device, but I just don't know how to fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there's any info I've left out.

HP Recommended

OK, let's do a couple of things:

1. On the printer go to Setup > Network > Restore Network Defaults.

2. Cycle power on the router (pull the power plug and let it reboot - about 3 minutes).

3. Back on the printer: Setup > Nework > Wireless Setup WIzard.  Follow the prompts.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips. This, unfortunately, did not work. The printer still won't accept the WPA password, even though my computer connects to the network just fine with that same password. I'm not sure where to go from here.

HP Recommended

I have the feeling your wireless router is not configured correctly. What brand is it and is it issued by Comcast or is it yours?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

The modem/router combo is a Motorola, but it's not issued by Comcast. My roommates and I purchased it. 

HP Recommended

OK, then assuming you can get into the router and configure it check these things:

1. Make sure that 802.11g is enabled, along with other modes like 802.11n is fine, but 'g' must be present.

2. Disable MAC filtering

3. Broadcast your network name (SSID)

4. Make sure that you have DHCP active.  Check the range of IP addresses it has in its pool and make sure there are at least 50 or so.  For example, the range might go from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

we just switched internet providers to comcast. our internet connectivity for our pcs and macs is fine. but ever since the switchover, the photosmart 4789 fails to recognize the wireless connection. advice? 

HP Recommended

I recently set my wireless internet up with a wireless WPA personal SSID.  My printer connected to the wireless network without a problem.  However, my nephew discovered my Wireless Key while watching Netflix one day and soon after I noticed that he had hooked up with his Laptop and Iphone everytime he came over.  Since he would be able to get my wirelss key password off of the "wireless media" unit I have setup for Netflix.  I decided to set up the MAC Filtering to allow only my 6 devices.  I logged on to my linksys page and proceeded to "SEARCH WIRELESS MAC LIST" and found all of devices that were sharing the wireless network.  I enabled MAC filtering and went ahead on logged each device on one by one.  When I went to log the Printer on however I got an error message from the "WIRELESS NETWORK TEST REPORT"

reads as follows:

Your wireless router requires a WPA security passphrase.  The passphrase configured on your HP printer does not match exactly .  Run the wirelss network setup to re-enter your wireless network and WPA security passphrase***

This security passphrase is the same one that I am using to connect the other 5 devices so making an error in inputing the passphrase is not the problem.  As i mentioned previously it worked with the wireless passphrase perfectly.  Now that I have enabled MAC filtering it won't accept the wireless key.  Can someone please help?  Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

coopydoop, "4789 fails to recognize the wireless connection".  You will need to re-install your printer.  Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

help_intexas,

Is your printer on your MAC filtering list?  If so, are you SURE it is the correct MAC address (not one begining with "HP")?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
Well since it's wireless I can't reinstall because the set up won't recognize a printer in my wireless network list.
The MAC address is correct. And the key is the same as I've been using .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.