Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please, I've to hand in my work soon!!

Printer: Laserjet P1102w

Computer: MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.3

Problem:

1. How can I set up to print wirelessly on Mac OS X 10.7.3?

2. Can I set up this computer on a PC Windows XP through USB cable, while keep using the wireless function to connect to the MacBook Pro

Please give my a step by step solution.

In case settings will be different in different place... I can tell you, I live in Hong Kong.

Thanks!!!!!!!:smileytongue:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi thuspicy4u

I would reset the printer first to clear out any previous network settings.
Turn the printer off, hold down the wireless button and cancel (x button) while turning the printer back on and don't release the two buttons until the printer stops making noise.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02486112

Print out a configuration report and make sure the ssid and ip address are cleared.
(hold down the x button and when the printer makes a noise let go)

After the reset, disconnect the routers power cable, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cable. Wait till it's ready.

Plug the printer back into the mac with the usb cable.

Go to the Mac Harddrive, library, printers, hp,laserjet, P1100_P1560_P1600Series, open htmlconfig. Go to the network tab, select wireless on the left side, select infrastructure, select network name, select the double arrow button to move the network name over to the left side, fill in passwords, apply. You should get a solid blue wireless light in about 1 minute.
(Note: if the html config doesn't load you will have to update the printers firmware with usb connection)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-115797-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Then go to the apple, system preferences, print & scan, highlight the P1102w and click the minus at bottom left corner to delete it, then disconnect usb cable, click plus sign in bottom left corner and highlight the P1102w bonjour printer and click the add button.

Test the printing.

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hello ararar010101!

To print wirelessly to your Laserjet P1102w from your Mac product, you need to connect the printer to a wireless network. When your Mac is connected to this network it should be able to view the printer as a device for printing.

If you connect the printer to a Windows XP computer through the USB cable it should retain its connection to the wireless network, and be accessable by the Mac still.

Post back if you have any questions.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

Apparently, Apple doesn't have the drivers for this printer.  I am using Mac OS X 10.7.3 as well.  Where can I download the drivers?

HP Recommended

Follow this link for the drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=41103...

Make sure Mac OS X is selected and if you are looking to only download the drivers, select Driver - Product Installation Software (1), expanding it, and follow the instructions. Post back if you have any issues!

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

Re Daniel_L,

How am I supposed to connect the printer to a wireless network? through Windows? how?

Please give my a step by step solution. I am new to use wireless printer and this is my first time to set up one....

HP Recommended
Here's a video showing how to do it

In Finder , click Applications , and then double-click System Preferences .
  1. Click Print & Fax (in Mac OS X v10.6) or Print & Scan (in Mac OS X v10.7).
  2. Click Open Print Queue , and then click Printer Setup .
  3. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility .
  4. Click HTMLConfig .
  5. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless from the list on the left.
  6. Under Communication Mode , click Infrastructure , select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button.
  7. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses.
    NOTE:If your network does not have Wireless Security, leave the Security Mode set to Open System (No Authentication) .
  8. Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the appropriate field, and then click Apply .
  9. In the confirmation box, click OK , and then close the HTML Config and Print Queue windows.
  10. In the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window, click your HP product from the list of printers, and then click the Minus sign to remove it from the list.
    NOTE:This action removes the USB Connection from the list so that the only entry for your HP product is the Wireless Connection.
  11. Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer.
  12. Under Printers , click the Plus sign ( ).
  13. Select your product name with Bonjour as the Kind , and then click Add .
  14. Close the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window.

HP Recommended

I have OS 10.7.3 and cannot get my HP Laserjet P1102W to print wirelessly.  I have watched videos, etc but when I click on HTML configuration the screen that come up is blank and there is no way to select the "networking tab".  Please help!  I have spent hours trying to figure this out!  

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem under OS 7.3.  Can someone please post the correct solution here?  I just bought this printer, I was expecting better tech support.

HP Recommended

Problem solved. Here's the answer:

http://mactheblog.com/index.php/component/content/article/46-help/186-how-to-install-an-hp-laserjet-...

Amazing that hp apparently doesn't know about Bonjour on macs.  That I was naive enough to expect HP to know how to set up their own software on the current Mac OS.  That I wasted 20 minutes creating a login and posting on this site.

Well, maybe it's not too late to help the student who had to hand in his work above.  No USB cable required.  No clicking on configs.  Just follow the steps on mactheblog link above.  Then it works.

HP Recommended

Great job kevinkan. Thank you for the tip!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.