Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I registered just so that I could say thank you. Your suggestion fixed it. Now I can use the printer again.

🙂

HP Recommended
For security reasons, I need to erase the memory, or remove the memory chip from an HP PSC 1610 printer
HP Recommended

@GBFlor wrote:
For security reasons, I need to erase the memory, or remove the memory chip from an HP PSC 1610 printer

The HP PSC 1610 does not have any internal memory that would store any personal information that is not erased when the power is removed.  Be sure to remove any memory cards from the camera card slots in the front lower left of the printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have alot stored in my Epson CX 4200 printer and don't want to print it.  How do I get rid of it?

HP Recommended

How do I remove a memory chip? I tried unscrewing things with no success. I don't know where it is located, but I am thing on the lower left where the ports are. Currently my option is a hammer. Printer is dead. I can't power on.

HP Recommended

It is an HP Photosmart 7520 all-in-one

HP Recommended

MY officejet 4620 continues to print an old email superimposed over whtever new document i am trying to print whether it is from mail or notes for example on my imac.

Nothing shows as a job 

I have uninstalles the printer and reinstalled but no luck 

Apple can't figure out what the problem is

It only does it with my account, not my wife's

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one printer. Do I need to take any action to erase confidential information from its memory before I donate it to charity?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Ennvoy 4500 and it continues to print a form I deleted from the document print status and in desperation deleted from my computer.  I cannot find any memory to delete and so am unable to print anything except this form.   I need help please.

HP Recommended

I have the same printer as Roo2 (HP Photosmart 7520) and I would also like to erase the print job memory. However, I am able to turn it on, and I have not tried to dismantle the printer. Can anyone help with erasing the print memory, or confirm that there is no such non-volatile memory in this printer?

I have tried doing the hard reset (unplug and wait, etc) and also tried restoring the wifi settings to factory defaults, but this does not erase my wireless network SSID and password, so it would seem that at least that is being stored.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.