Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my C4480 Photosmart. I came here first and tried to clean the connectors of the printer and ink cartridge and that didn't work. So I tried googling it again with more specific information and found a video that helped me get rid of the message. 

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru38ePExk8s

I hope it helps! 🙂

HP Recommended

II video mentioned is very well known, solves the problem temporarily and the starting of the engine of the new printer, returns, not even turning off the power, after two printed pages, returns to off-duty. Initially solved the problem with new Ink Cartridges and then new Ink Cartridge (which costs as much as the new printer), and finally with another brand of printer, because HP does not affect my like your problem.
Thanks anyway for your message, you're more reliable HP customer that the company HP.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I posted that before actually printing. It does go back to the "incompatible print cartridges" error. I'm printing up envelopes and have to reset it after every envelope I print and it's a pain in the butt. I've been having problems with this printer for months. I bought a HP74xl black ink cartridge from a thrift store for only $0.99 so I figured why not give it a try. The ink is great, but trying to print with this error is an absolutely nightmare. It's nice to save money on ink but idk if it's worth the headache buying refurbished ink if it's going to cause an error everytime.

Sorry again for the temporary fix. Wish there was a way to get rid of the message for good. Oh well.

HP Recommended

Please follow this youtube link and hope the problem will be solved.

https://youtu.be/0ARD1XPRv_4

Good luck!

Raju

HP Recommended

I, am sorry karenduncan that you have been able to ascertain that the system of reset of the video is not exhaustive but stressful. In every case I thank you for your contribution, I hope only that the Managers of HP read our messages and inform, their Clients, on the combination of the keys to resolve the problem.

the scandal Wolkwagen, show that for the profits everything is permitted, also not to give solution of the problem of the printer, to sell more toners, mean not tener account of the Clients but only to his/her own portfolio.

Good Day and Good Luck and excuse mine bad translation English online.

HP Recommended

Thanks Raju4 but the solution, as I have already written to karenduncan, it is provisional, under the best conditions you succeed in stamping 4 pages, but you must normally refer the reset to every printed page. And' to cry. Thanks however and Good Day and Good luck.

HP Recommended

Just want to say that instead of pressing 3[Copy Color], press the "OK" button.

Regarding this process:

@DevRao wrote:

Steps:

• Power Button + Cancel Button Combo
  • Enter special key combo 1[Scan] 3[Copy Color] 2[Copy Black]
  • ‘Support menu’ will be displayed
  • Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Reset Menu’
  • Press the 3[Copy Color] once
  • Press the 2[Copy Black] until the display shows ‘Semi-Full reset’
  • Press the 3[Copy Color] once
  • The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the Printer

Note:

All user settings will be restored.

All the same, I followedthe steps here and am still getting the "Incompatible Ink Cartridge" message on the printer's screen. HP Photosmart C4400 series. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.