Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried uninstalling many times, to include the level 4 uninstaller.  Redownloaded Adobe Flash Player.  Run Dissk Cleanup.  Used my Disk to install Hp Solution Center and my C309a Printer, and I have downlaoded the Software from HP site to install. Yes, I have downloaded and run the wizard.   None of the steps fix the problem with 'Cannot find Specified File.  I have also reviewed many forums, but nowhere does any expert show what file is missing, and how to replace the missing file before doing any install.  HELP!!!

Sounds like many techs are trying to help, but they don't understand the problem, so basic "canned" fix responses are posted.  Has anyone elevated this to the next level of tech support?

Again, help, PLEASE!

HP Recommended

I followed the following advice:

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the uninstall_L4 (exe or Bat)

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76232-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

When I redid the install, it started and then said that it could not find the file specified and aborted. Now what? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello nsarah415. Thank you for following my advice! Please follow the next step in the explanation I provided, and go from there.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Refreshing WIndows uninstalls ALL the non MS software and requires a reinstall. So, this is a pretty silly approach unless you want to spend several frustrating hours

HP Recommended

Problem solved by my son in 3 minutes but I do not know how. Thank you all the same for your excellent care and efforts to help.

Christina 17

HP Recommended

Still waiting for HP to solve my problem. 

HP Recommended
Following this thread too. Any solution for us win8.1 people?
HP Recommended

Bump!

HP Recommended

Please see my post here for those who are still having problems, it may help someone:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/system-cannot-find-file-specified-duri...

HP Recommended

In case anyone wants to know ...

Every time you try the install, there is yet ANOTHER 7z.... folder created for that install exec.  I tried to follow what was being said to do here and ended up with FOURTEEN different folders, each containing 1 billion, 486 million + bytes of data.  That comes out to 1.37 GB per folder

AND, I have successfully installed my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909n on my Windows 7 Pro desktop, but the installation FAILS on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. 

WHY? 

I want to know the fix for this, please ...

Jim Guess
One-on-One
Computer Help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.