Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I upgrade my LCD list?

HP Recommended

The reboot method listed in the above thread is actually the best method to fix the LCD List Needs to be updated error. It only takes a few mintues to complete. After spending a crazy amount of time online and with the phone support group, (neither helped)  this fix was found after a quick search. Any time my wireless router has to be rebooted, the printer is re-connected to the wireless network, but not sure if the LCD error is a result of that action. One last suggestion...after performing the steps as outlined above, give your printer a few minutes to load all the settings, otherwise you still won't be able to scan.

HP Recommended

The scan functioned worked fine after first setting up.  Now none of the solutions suggested in this forum work.  HP is unresponsive.

HP Recommended

What do I need to do to resume scanning?

HP Recommended

I agree -- I've never been so frustrated with a piece of equipment as with this one. With so many people having the identical problem, I can't understand why HP doesn't post a solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this piece of very simple, yet invaluable info. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a week!

HP Recommended

Thanks for that! Your suggestion worked, however, I just double clicked on the printer and it reloaded the drivers and all was well.  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

I was able to fix this by connecting the printer to the "home group." 

HP Recommended

SETTINGS/TOOLS/RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT. it was that easy 🙂

HP Recommended

I don't know how you discovered this but it worked!  Thank you! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.