Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It does not work. Still reverts back.

HP Recommended
Just wait til you reboot.....
HP Recommended

Hi vernola,

What printer do you have?

Do you leave the printer turned on all the time?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I leave the printer turned on all the time.

It is a C7200 all-in-one

Normally, the scan function can be recovered by rebooting the printer *and* rebooting the computer (in my case -- an HP laptop). They are both on the same wired ethernet network.

It is unclear how long it stays working after reboot.

Can you confirm one way or the other whether this issue is in HP's internal bug tracking system? If not, then what more information would you need to be able to open a bug (or whatever you call them at HP).

Thanks

philip

HP Recommended

Officejrt L7555

on allthe time

computer reboot occassionally

HP Recommended
officejet L7555
on all the time
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you follow the steps in message 71 of this thread?

When you follow the steps in message 71 the setting should be saved, and you will should not have this problem any longer. If you still experience the problem then you need to go out and update your Adobe Flash player to the most current version.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Once again I was dreading the thought of trolling through the net looking for a solution to a techno prob I have no understanding of

Yet again, to be dumped down a blind alley with feelings of resentment and frustration

When I read your solution I though Yer Right!!!

But I tried it and it worked – did you hear that – I followed the simple instructions and it actually worked

And just to make it even sweeter I’m a Gooner

Come on you Spurs, see you in the Champs League xxx

HP Recommended

Tried to update LCD without success....printer won't let me scan.....previously scanning worked fine...help 

HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED!!! KEEPS COMING BACK!!! 

This error-LCD list needs to be upgraded-has been on the forum for OVER A YEAR WITH NO PERMANENT SOLUTION!I We keep getting-LCD list needs to be upgraded!! Unplug-wait-replug does not work. Removing and adding from the software does not work. Always reverts back. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! mANY PEOPLE HAVE THIS PROBLEM FO A LONG TIME WITH NO SOLUTION! YES, I AM YELLING! IWE ARE FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AT HP!!!! HP FAIL-Prove HP cares or I'm on a crusade!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.