Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After 3 days of searching, this post solved my problem. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

problem installing hp laserjet 1300n on my windows 7?

HP Recommended

Dude this **bleep**ing worked GREAT! I could kiss you!!!!! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Yes !

I got it............

Use this Link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=238328&locale=en_US&t...

Windows 7 Driver (64 Bit ) or (32 Bit)

Download HP Universal Print Driver for Window Postscript

Add this Printer to the Port where Hp 1300 is Detecting

Download HP 1320 Drivers for Windows 7 (64 Bit ) or (32 Bit)

Add this Printer also to Same Port

Restart  PC

After that from the Properties of HP Universsal Printer -> Advance

Change Drivers to HP 1320

Done !

Enjoy

HP Recommended

thankssssssssssssssssssssssssss

HP Recommended

how to install woth 1300 xp cd

HP Recommended

None of these posts were working for me.   On Dec 22, 2011, here is what worked for me in 5 minutes after 5 hours of searching and trying :

I went through many different installs, issues, driver loads, and reading the web and HP support and nothing was helping.  If was very frustrating.  Here is the simple solution.

1. Purchase a cable called  "USB IEEE1284 Printer".   The box also said:   USB to CN36M,  Support Windows 7.   The one I purchased was made by Viewcon.

2.  Hidden inside the cable packinging is a mini CD.   This has a driver on it.  I never knew that "cables" could come with drivers.  I was about ready to take this cable back when I found the mini CD inside.  

3.  Install the driver even though Windows warns you that is unsigned.  You have to use Windows explorer and click down to the directory for Windows 7 64 bit.

4.  Plug in the cable -- usb end to the computer, parallel port end in your HP printer.

5.  You computer should now come up and say something like " USB Compound Device.  USB to parallel port Driver LPT3".   (not sure if yours might say LPT2 or LPT1, but just note whichever it says.)

6.  Then I went and did ADD PRINTER.  (And I think from earlier incantations, when I had tried to install the printer before, I had told Windows to UPDATE the list of printers, so now my HP LASERJET 1300 was an option to choose).   

7.  I pointed the printer install to use  LPT3.

8.  Test page printed perfectly.

HP Recommended

I am having dificulty in dowloading driver for hp laserjet 1300 pcl6 for use on laptop running windows 7 64 bit

HP Recommended

Just want to confirm what worked for me.

Windows 7

USB IEEE1284 Printer Cable

JetDirect 200

Downloaded the Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL5 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=238328&p...

Windows should automatically install your USB Port when you plugin your USB IEEE1284 cable.

Follow the Universal Print Driver installation and be sure to choose HP Universal Print Driver and not HP 1300 PCL5.  Then be sure to choose the correct printer port.  It is going to say USB.  Do not choose LPT ports.

HP Recommended

i downloaded laserjet driver for windows 7 64 bit, but still can't print

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=238328&locale=en_US&t...

what am i doing wrong?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.