Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, my printhead just stopped for no reason, had plenty of ink "The print head appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed, or incompatible" was the message. I tried everything the thousand other people have tried.

It is very obviously a manufactuing defect and HP should stand behind its products, especially its loyal customers like me. 

However, I don't want to be negative so lets call it being truthful so that we as a group put the challenge to HP to be accountable when they have a "part" and a "situation" that is under-performing. We know what the customer service is like out here with corporations these days, it goes something like this ... I pledge allegience to the United Corporations of America, and for which they stand; greed, ego, lack-of-integrity, control, and power ..... It is what it is. The best thing I can do is not to give this situation my power, so I have spoken my truth and I will go out tomorrow and purchase a new printer , and maybe this time it won't be another HP. I am still in my joy, isn't life amazing!

Oh, one more thing, HP if you want to do right by me and send me a new printhead replacement please call or email me early tomorrow and I will send you my shipping address.

[Personal information removed]

HP Recommended

Glad you posted, I am returning mine today. Same problem but within my return time frame.

HP Recommended

I'm posting about this because people should know...HP Printheads (or HP printers in general) should be thought of as disposable after a year from my experience and reading on the HP support forum for the 8600 series.    I just had a "HP 6835" printhead error (which after looking at the HP support forum is a problem for all 6800 series all-in-one's.

After talking to HP support which I would never have reached if it wasn't for Costco, the solution is to buy a refurbished 8100 for $106.99 which they will ship to me.   I then looked at the HP forum for 8100 printhead issues  which I see HP has still not fixed.  It seems from my example and 2-3 other examples that it fails after 1 year like in in the 13-16 months...after the 12 month warranty!)    btw- the difference between the 6800 and 8100 series is that the printheads are now removable for replacement in the 8100...so you don't have to trash the whole printer....you just have to pay whole new printer price for a replacement printhead.

So as I started if I buy another HP Printer, I have to think of this as being disposable after a year and think that I'm renting it for about $10/month not including cartridges vs owning it for years.   I'm suspicious that this is HP "Designed" Obsolescence!

HP Recommended

@nonomorehp

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.